DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is still flying their Mavic Pros' original set of props?

still the same props. got mine in november.

11.5 Hr
126Km
2 crashes

I do have small damage to 1 prop, ordered new ones.

I purchased my MAVIC PRO on January 31, 2017 and have been flying it four time a week. I have four flight batteries so when I'm out flying, I fly for several hours.

When I purchased my Mavic Pro I also purchased two extra sets if props. This little rig flies SO WELL that I have NEVER crashed it.

So I am wondering how many Mavic Pro pilots are still flying with the original sets of props?
14ce648d6df5b710b6061b135e308313.jpg
9 hours 43 minutes, 63 flights original set still. A picture from my last flight, 1.64 out and back.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
7 hr flight time, no crashes but have changed 2 props due to the loose folding mechanism. I don´t know if it increases the chance of the propeller to fail in air, but I don´t trust the propellers once they become very "flappy" in the folding mechanism, so I just change them.
Probably a smart idea. I wonder if DJI has any recommendations on this issue. I didn't notice anything in the instructions suggesting a time for replacement. Most would probably think the props would be broken before they would wear out but the Mavic is so stable that this changes the game somewhat. It would seem that the pins are becoming worn or the holes in the individual blades are wearing. Is this due to fine grit getting in and chewing up the prop pins/blade holes or is it wear between the blades and the blade holder plates? DJI, what's your call?

Reactions: Kennetf
Very thoughtful post. This falls under the heading of " The little things that you don't often think about but should " For the low, low price of ten bucks you don't even have to think about it

140 flights, 14.5 hrs. 2 original, 2 replacements due to crash into metal building (it did that itself - honest). 4 official crashes and never a structural problem with the props. After each crash I run my fingers over the props and if there is a burr, I trim them with a very sharp pocket knife. Little burrs are all that I get. Yesterday I just received a new set of 4 with the thought that it may be time to improve the image of my Mavic, for I consider that the replacements are only necessary for cosmetic purposes. The 2 replacements were because burrs and nicks on those were not so tiny.

p.s. I have counter space in my utility room where I keep it and all of my flights originate from my driveway, thus I almost never fold my blades. This may account for the fact that the pivot points on my blades are close to original tightness, which may be a question/concern in some people's mind. I don't know if there is a performance issue with loose pivots, but if anyone has observed the cutting blades for a shredder-type mower ("brush hog") on the back of a tractor, you will have noticed that they are designed exactly the same as the Mavic blades an they are always REALLY loose, yet they are very effective at cutting grass as they spin.

Last edited:
20 hours, 285KM, 112 flights still on original props. I'm checking the pins more regularly now as I'd expect they'd need replacing eventually due to normal wear, I'd hate to loose it just due to a failed prop. DJI stated the folding arm mechanism has been tested to 5000 open and closes. Have the props been tested in some similar way?

20 hours, 285KM, 112 flights still on original props. I'm checking the pins more regularly now as I'd expect they'd need replacing eventually due to normal wear, I'd hate to loose it just due to a failed prop. DJI stated the folding arm mechanism has been tested to 5000 open and closes. Have the props been tested in some similar way?

The props are going to be continuously pivoting in flight as the motor changes speeds. The real issue isn't the folding action, but outward force eventually elongating and weakening the mounting hole. I imagine this would take an absurd amount of flight hours. I'm at 9 hours and original props, no sign of wear or even loosening.

Reactions: AdventureCity
... The real issue isn't the folding action, but outward force eventually elongating and weakening the mounting hole. I imagine this would take an absurd amount of flight hours ...
Agreed. The only real issue is whether the pin could fall out, or the plastic around the pin shows weakness, or signs of failure risk. Loose pivoting is not an issue.

Reactions: AyeYo
Still on my original props. Got my Mavic in January and I try to fly at least 3 or 4 times a week. Life happens or would fly more Ha!

Going on 5 months (got my current Mavic December 20), flown almost every day except when rainy or snowing (or 25mph+ winds). At least 150 battery cycles' worth of flight time total. According to AirData, that's 31 hours' flight time and 200something miles.

Still on that first set of props, with an extra 6 in reserve. (2 from my first Mavic which had to be sent back in November with a drunken gimbal.)

Last edited:
If you are still on your first set of props for a long time - You are not taking enough risk - Fly closer to stuff. Or like I did, In side a Cave! Nope didn't hit anything there. I had my first blades (2 of them) break at the 2 minute mark on my first flight.

There really needs to be a warning message on the screen that says - " Trees are closer than they appear " :p

If you are still on your first set of props for a long time - You are not taking enough risk - Fly closer to stuff. Or like I did, In side a Cave! Nope didn't hit anything there. I had my first blades (2 of them) break at the 2 minute mark on my first flight.

There really needs to be a warning message on the screen that says - " Trees are closer than they appear " :p

Hahahahaha ....

So let me get this straight if you haven't hit anything take more risk? Lol!!!

Yeah.. I've had a number of copters and never had anything close to a hard landing. So you keep on flying in caves I applaud you for that. (No sarcasm.. that's too much for me)

I will just keep flying and trying to avoid obstacles while flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa