DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckel

Reactions
Can't even link the goggles to my Mavic, can't find any type of linking options on the controller. Instructions say to link you go to Tools, settings, linking settings, but I cant find anything called Tools anywhere. Manual is EXTREMELY lacking! So... Goggles are for sale. I can kinda see the display, but it not very good quality (blurry) and there doesn't seem to be the ability to link to a Mavic. Make offer.

Can't even link the goggles to my Mavic, can't find any type of linking options on the controller. Instructions say to link you go to Tools, settings, linking settings, but I cant find anything called Tools anywhere. Manual is EXTREMELY lacking! So... Goggles are for sale. I can kinda see the display, but it not very good quality (blurry) and there doesn't seem to be the ability to link to a Mavic. Make offer.
Why not help to fix your troubles. I love my goggles. Want me to help you troubleshoot?

I'd love to simply pair it, but can't get past page 6 on the quick start manual to connect to the Mavic. Trying to follow the Mavic Pro Ocusync instructions.

Also, the screen isn't totally clear, no matter how I turn the dial. Actually, the dial doesn't seem to change the sharpness at all, it's the same no matter where the dial is.

I think the tech is half-baked, should have waited for v2. The pre-release reviews were lies...

Tim

I have a $50 pair of 5.8GHz goggles from Banggood that have a sharper screen. Why have 2 1080p displays if they're not focused?

You seem to be convinced they're defective. Do you require corrective lenses? If so, you need to put them on.

So, reading the comments, it's very clear you're likely not using them properly. You need to be wearing the corrective lenses you normally wear during the day. The nob is an IPD, which adjusts the for the eye spacing on your head. Let's work through the pairing. You said you are already activated, so let's get you paired.

First make sure your Mavic and Goggles as well as the RC are all turned on.

You seem to be convinced they're defective. Do you require corrective lenses? If so, you need to put them on.

I don't wear glasses, I can see just fine, just not through these goggles. I have cheap Banggood FPV goggles that I can see just fine with too. It's not that my goggles are defective, it's that they were designed poorly.

Tim

I don't wear glasses, I can see just fine, just not through these goggles. I have cheap Banggood FPV goggles that I can see just fine with too. It's not that my goggles are defective, it's that they were designed poorly.

Tim
Very unlikely. Either you have an eyesight problem, or you got a bad unit. Anyone with perfect vision or corrective lenses can see the images clearly. I got one of the first units. The Goggles are well designed.

Reactions: sacballa
So, reading the comments, it's very clear you're likely not using them properly. You need to be wearing the corrective lenses you normally wear during the day. The nob is an IPD, which adjusts the for the eye spacing on your head. Let's work through the pairing. You said you are already activated, so let's get you paired.

First make sure your Mavic and Goggles as well as the RC are all turned on.
All turned on and updated. Goggles are waiting to link, but the manual doesn't say HOW to get them to link. There's no menus or instructions on how to link other than:

"Press the link Buttons on the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles or enter Tools > Settings > Linking Settings to connect."

There's no linking buttons on the Mavic, so I'm looking for tools settings linking on the controller but can't find a menu link that.

What should I have expected? I've yet to have a flight where the app doesn't crash.

Tim

Very unlikely. Either you have an eyesight problem, or you got a bad unit. Anyone with perfect vision or corrective lenses can see the images clearly. I got one of the first units. The Goggles are well designed.

If I had an eyesight problem I wouldn't be able to use my phone (which I'm using right now to reply and is perfectly clear). I was also just tested in February and no glasses. I think they made the image just a little too close. Why have an adjustment if it doesn't do anything?

Hi Tim,

Hopefully, and assuming you don't have a defective set of goggles - the linking button is on the Mavic drone itself. It's a small circular button that you'll have to press (next to the SD slot). Once you've pressed it and are in the linking menu of the goggles, the two should pair automatically.

Good luck!

The link button I'm assuming is the one right beside where you insert the sd card into the Mavic. Also, I've read the goggle screens are calibrated to appear to be 10 ft away, so if you can see clearly at objects 10 ft away, then maybe there is something wrong with your goggles?

Hi Tim,

Hopefully, and assuming you don't have a defective set of goggles - the linking button is on the Mavic drone itself. It's a small circular button that you'll have to press (next to the SD slot). Once you've pressed it and are in the linking menu of the goggles, the two should pair automatically.

Good luck!
That unlabeled circle under one of the hoods is a button? It looks like a rubber stop to me. Crappy Chinese manual for sure! A little too "inside baseball" were the manual writers.

Tim

Yep. To get to you Goggle's tools, swipe up or down on the touchpad of your Goggles, until the Toolbox icon is lit. Tap on the touchpad to select it. The go to your settings, the gear symbol, navigate to your link settings, select it, and select quick link. You will have 60 seconds to push the button on the Mavic.

That unlabeled circle under one of the hoods is a button? It looks like a rubber stop to me. Crappy Chinese manual for sure! A little too "inside baseball" were the manual writers.

Tim
On page 2 of the quick start manual, and on page 8 of the user manual, the link button is clearly shown in the image.

But if you claim your Goggles are out of focus, there is little point to trying. Since they are apparently not designed to spec, you can either sell them as is, or exchange them with DJI.

But if you claim your Goggles are out of focus, there is little point to trying. Since they are apparently not designed to spec, you can either sell them as is, or exchange them with DJI.

Let me better explain the problem with the goggles now that I've cooled off a bit from my waste of $450. Each eye can't see the entire image. Even if I press my face as hard as I can into the goggles (with the halo removed) I still can't see both edges of the screen with either eye. So, you don't get binocular vision, you only see part of the screen with each eye, so it's not totally clear. The adjustment simply allows me to choose between not seeing the edges or not seeing the center binocularaly. Basically, they screwed up on the optics. A cheap pair of $50 Banggood FPV 5.8GHz goggles don't have this problem.

Also, the latency is really bad. Sure, for DJI compared to the app (which always crashes), the latency is good. But it's profound compared to (again) cheap $50 Banggood goggles from a $12 video transmitter.

I really blame the paid-off previewers for the goggles who lied and said how great they were. I'd give them 2 out of 5 stars.

Tim

The guy who couldn't find the link button clearly shown in both manuals and who doesn't understand what an IMU adjustment is and who has never actually used the goggles in flight says the reviewers are lying.

Sure. It isn't at all just impatience and incompetence on your part. The others may be to polite to say it but I am not.

I got them setup and paired in minutes. I can see clearly though it is near the end of the dial rotation to one side. It looks great. More clear than an Oculus rift and Samsung Gear VR.

You called out the latency and keep comparing them to racing quad goggles. You clearly don't understand the tech and purpose of these. Have fun with your racing goggles and their terrible range and other completely missing features compared to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair