DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why are my video recordings being saved in separate files?

mattmjm

Reactions
During one flight (and one recording) the videos are being saved to the microSD card in separate files like this:

DJI_0001.MOV
DJI_0002.MOV
DJI_0003.MOV

I'm not sure how or why this is happening. How can I set it to save the recording as just one file?

Video files are auto split into 4GB chunks. Is that how large 0001 ans 0002 are?

DJI_0001.MOV = 796MB (beginning of flight)
DJI_0002.MOV = 4.21GB
DJI_0003.MOV = 1.04GB (end of flight)

Did you record the entire flight from beginning to end in one go? Or, did you start and stop the recording a few times?

For #1 you likely stopped/started again, and for 2-3 it's the 4GB file size limit.

Hmmm. This has happened several times now. All with one long recording. I will monitor this on my next flight and report back.

I had the same thing happen on my Phantom 3 pro the other day. Hit record before take off and recorded the entire flight without stop/starting the record. Expected to have 1 video file but had 2. The first just over 4 Gb and 9mins 20 seconds long, the second 500 mb and 1min 10 seconds long. I suspected it is a file size limit 'feature' but couldn't find any 'literature' on it.

There is no fix. The files are broken into 4GB chunks by design.

It's a limitation of memory cards formatted as FAT32.

Sort of the same topic.
Does anyone else have an issue with recorded video, missing from attached device (iPhone 6s plus 128gb) after flight is completed? It happens every flight, even though I record one continuous video. After my flight is complete, DJI Go editor doesn't show all segments. Lost segments seem random, beginning, middle, or end of the flight.
This only happens on my device. No problem with SD card recording, other than the 4GB file size mentioned here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE