DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do some CsvView screens look different

Robbyg

Reactions
I am learning CsvView and so far it has been a great piece of software. The one thing that kind of baffles me is why do some people have an output graph that has nice vertical scales and other people like me only have a horizontal scale, limited labeling and no grid lines. I have been looking for an option to turn those on but no luck so far. Does anybody know how its done? and BTW does anyone know what the Horizontal units are in? It seems like seconds?

Thanks Rob

Anybody?

Can't help. not familiar with CsvView

it's the software to view the log files that are extracted from the DAT files in the Mavic.

I am learning CsvView and so far it has been a great piece of software. The one thing that kind of baffles me is why do some people have an output graph that has nice vertical scales and other people like me only have a horizontal scale, limited labeling and no grid lines. I have been looking for an option to turn those on but no luck so far. Does anybody know how its done? and BTW does anyone know what the Horizontal units are in? It seems like seconds?

Thanks Rob
The vertical scales can be turned on by going to the signal legends (at the bottom of the SigPlayer) and doing a right mouse click on the signal. A popup will appear that allows you to turn on the Axis, grids, etc. This is discussed in the User Manual at the bottom of page 2. To get the User Manual go to the MenuBar at the top of the main CsvView window and select Help->User Manual.

EDIT: Contacting me through the link that @ferraript mentioned will probably get my attention faster. Also if you tag me in the post with @BudWalker would notify me.

CsvView works for other log files besides the .DAT. The .txt file generated by the DJI Go App, as well as the log files produced by Litchi, Autopilot and FPV

The vertical scales can be turned on by going to the signal legends (at the bottom of the SigPlayer) and doing a right mouse click on the signal. A popup will appear that allows you to turn on the Axis, grids, etc. This is discussed in the User Manual at the bottom of page 2. To get the User Manual go to the MenuBar at the top of the main CsvView window and select Help->User Manual.

EDIT: Contacting me through the link that @ferraript mentioned will probably get my attention faster. Also if you tag me in the post with @BudWalker would notify me.

CsvView works for other log files besides the .DAT. The .txt file generated by the DJI Go App, as well as the log files produced by Litchi, Autopilot and FPV

Thanks so much for the instructions, I was going crazy trying to figure it out. I should have looked back at the manual, I had skimmed over it a week earlier just to see what was involved but never went back. This is really a great tool that you have written. I am actually surprised that more Mavic owners are not using it religiously. I kept my DAT file from my first flight and have been extracting DAT files after every few flights so I can have a good record of how well everything is working. I would bet that most problems show up as subtle errors that you can identify with CsvView before they manifest themselves as major flight issues. Also the Forensic crash analysis is very interesting stuff. I have been following some of your investigations and looking at the data and seeing what you see and learning from it. I admire the work your doing and hope that at some point I can contribute to analyzing the data and helping others to locate lost drones.

BTW I will drop you a personal message, I wanted to ask you something else.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S