DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my controller beep so much?

It's not telling me anything just normal flying. I even did the Healthy drone and nothing wrong with the flight, no notifications.

Look at what it's telling you...

Kilrah is right. That beep MUST be telling you something, perhaps something or some feature in the App/controller you are either not aware of or have not experienced enough yet to hone in on its cause and meaning. I seriously doubt if your Mav is just beeping on its own accord because of a defect or such.

Double check the App and your controller when the beeps happen to ensure you aren't missing something at the time. It could be a simple alert going on that is easy to inadvertently overlook if you are unfamiliar with it. Also, try to recall and then replicate the exact conditions (the flight mode you were in, sensor settings, etc.) in which you got the beeps. The answer may then be made obvious to you if you just break down the problem into separate parts and go through things step by step.

Then again, perhaps thread poster larkin is correct. Maybe they are just happy beeps!!

But seriously again, figure out the beeps so you know what it is and so your frustration level with this marvelous flying machine goes back to normal. I trust the answer will reveal itself to you. If you still have problems, by all means shoot up another flare in this Forum so more knowledgeable people than myself can bring what they know to the table to help you out. Good luck.

Reactions: larkin
I think whenever it's hovering and not moving. Mine is currently in repair so I can't test, but my controller did beep here and there when in regular flight with no errors or obstacle avoidance warnings etc. If you're flying around obstacles that's what those beeps are, otherwise they could be notifications that it's focussing. I think I would see a focus box on screen at the same time, and beeps would be quieter than the low battery warning beep or the return to home beep.

iPhone 6S

It could be the Autofocus beep. Are you using the latest DJIGo 4 app? It now has continuous autofocus. If so, you can turn that off and see if the beep goes away.

Reactions: Kilrah
Also could be a false alarm of the vision system. I would do factory reset and recalibrate cameras. Make sure the shipping stickers are off the front vision cameras too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike