DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why does this clip look like garbage, what did I do wrong?

Are you sure you don't have a lens focus issues? It looks like the left side is blurry compared to the rest of the FOV. There were quite a few MP owners who had to send their MPs back to get the cameras fixed because of uneven focus.

Are you sure you don't have a lens focus issues? It looks like the left side is blurry compared to the rest of the FOV. There were quite a few MP owners who had to send their MPs back to get the cameras fixed because of uneven focus.
Not certain, but wouldn't it affect stills as well? Photos look clean all the way across.

Some of the youtube clip isn't in focus, but other parts are e.g. where he's doing little hops in front of the parked vehicles.
Most of it is quite low light by the look of it and in some cases a tad under-exposed which it doesn't seem to like.
Not really defending the camera because it echos what I've found that it's difficult to get reliably decent shots.
The default styles are too sharp, too contrasty and often too saturated and if light is poor it soon looks bad.

Until art mode returns my best option is None or maybe cinelike and -1, -2, -2 custom.
This typically only requires slight contrast and saturation when editing in some scenes.
If wanting to avoid that -1, -1, -1 might be best.
White balance wants setting manually on one of the presets or better use custom maybe 5800-6000..
Something else I've found is that Auto exposure on -0.3 or 0.0 is usually better than attempting doing it manually unless you are recording an almost static scene. There isn't any obvious stepping - it manages quite well and under-exposing or over-exposing as light changes soon makes things look bad.

It's probably best to record at 2.7K then render at 1080p but boost the bitrate pretty high around 20 or 25 rather than more normal youtube 1080 of 12-15

Everytime I've seen that happen it initially looks like a focus issue, but if you look close you'll see that if there is a simple sharp object anywhere in the frame it will be sharp proving it's not the case. It's somehow only flattening the parts of the image that are relatively uniform.
@4wd your video was the best example I've seen so far.

I recently received my Mavic and while using the litchi app, my video (2.7k) and stills also look like doo doo. The tap to focus goes through its sequence and at a brief moment is crystal clear before settling on out of focus.

A test last night, indoors with the dji go 4 app shows good video and a locked in clear focus. Stills as well. Focused near and far.
Going to do same test with litchi indoors and dji outdoors. Will report...

Attachments

• 2016-12-20_15-17-17_v2_video_216311.jpg
    2016-12-20_15-17-17_v2_video_216311.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 20
Update: Uninstaller and reinstalled Litchi app. Video and stills are way better. Happy with the results.

Attachments

• 2016-12-21_15-19-55_v2_video_217261.jpg
    2016-12-21_15-19-55_v2_video_217261.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: nickelphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member