DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why don't people use DJI online store to purchase product.

Lone Wolf 58

Reactions
Seems allot of people always looking for a better price. I get it, really I do.But allot of times a better price gets you less than expect services. Bad customer service, slow shipping, etc etc etc. DJI after all gives you 10 percent credit off a future purchase. Seems good enough for me. What about customer loyalty.

Bought my combo direct from the DJI store because in my mind if I had any issues with it imo there's no one better than the manufacturer to sort it out. Also dispatch was within 48hrs of ordering, and the price was the same as other retailers that still had not shipped.

Me too. I read all these posts asking if anyone knows anything about this vendor how they are to deal with. Do they have it in stock. I figure if you get it straight from the manufacturer they will have it before anyone else . I can't figure it out myself.

I bought my Mavic from the DJI store as well. I purchased the fly more package and couldn't be more happier.

Imho and experience when I want something that's a considered purchase, I'll do research and will take into account cost, availability, after sales service, returns and warranty. I have not considered buying direct from dji as I see so much about poor after sales service. I think a shop I can visit would score high for me (though not pratical currently) or a store I have past experience with or am recommended to i.e. Amazon. From a purely financial point of view, if the item is exactly the same and at considerable price reduction and recommended retailer, then this is worth consideration I feel. MP may just turn out to be another expensive toy for me. ..

Originally ordered Mavic from DJI store payed with credit card,payment was approved and then 2 days later they cancelled the order stating that they could get approval again from credit card. I immediately reordered now via paypal, but paid with same credit card, I then waited and waited until they failed to meet their quoted shipping times by a exceptional amount of time. Provided no explanation why or when they would really ship I now cancelled this second order attempt via DJI store. I ordered through amazon got the Mavic in a few days and am much more happier with their efficient billing system, prompt service and generous return policy which fortunately I did not need to use.

I've found Frank at CarolinaDronz to provide excellent customer service. If you happen to get a bad bird, they exchange it rather than you having to deal with the manufacturer. Free help & advice too.

If you go back to the early days of this forum and Mavic availability, alot of people assumed by going directly through DJI, they'd get their Mavic first. But that wasn't the case. Some people were waiting months while other who simply went to Bestbuy.com or their favorite Online Store were able to get their Mavics sooner...

Price-wise I'm surprised if anyone really thinks/believes there are truly better (significantly lower) prices to be had out there. DJI tightly controls the pricing of their product.

I think there were some early problems with DJI direct. While they took payment up front, the delivery was delayed due to manufacturing demand. This legitimately disturbed people who heard of others getting their product from a retailer, while their order from DJI got no attention. I think that once the manufacturing caught up, delivery was better.

I bought directly from DJI. They shipped quickly, and their pricing included tax, and no duty charges (to Canada).

Reactions: Blades
Got mine from DJI and couldn't be happier waiting for it to show up seemed like a lifetime.

Reactions: Blades
I purchased my Magic directly from DJI. The reason being is that I was unable to find it for sale locally. That being said, I prefer to generally buy from local shall shops. In my opinion, buying locally supports the communtity and those where I live. I also had an issue with my credit card but after a quick call the transaction went through the second time. My magic showed up within four days of ordering. Fairly impressive for coming half way across the world.

I don't know why I didn't choose the official store. I used to travel a lot and when I decided to buy my Mavic I was in Dubai. I bought it from www.aeromotus.com They delivered my Mavic on time. So I wasn't made to wait for the delivery for too long. This is an authorized DJI dealer. The price for my Mavic also wasn't too high. After that I ordered several accessories from this store and both times they delivered everything on time.

Bought mine from Amazon - simply because I had enough saved in vouchers to cover the cost!

I bought mine from DJI direct as at the time it was the only way to get one, I'd have rather bought it from an online retailer as you'd get better service - DJI seem to want to repair DoA drones even if it takes weeks where as a proper retailer will do a straight exchange or refund.

John

DJI direct, Amazon, or B&H. Those are my only sources for "capital" items.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580