DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why I think my old P3S is better than my new mavic??

jaimexdavila

Reactions
Hello, I've been flying P3S for 1 year but now I got my new mavic pro. I'm not happy with it, I've seen lots of videos of people super excited with the mavic pro but my experience with it is not so good, it goes much slower than P3S, it doesn't fly good with wind conditions, when I put it in sport mode and I disable the obstacle avoidance it always shows me the message of battery overcurrent during discharge, nothing of this happened in my P3S... I'm very disappoint with the mavic...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

If you prefer a P3 Standard over a Mavic, you must be doing something wrong.

Connection: Wifi vs tethered USB cable? USB wins every time.
Speed: 35mph max speed for the P3s in atti mode, Mavic 40 in sport mode
Wind: I find the Mavic so much more stable due to the “FlightAutonomy” sensor system. P3S doesnt even have Glonass or Downward Vision System.

Once you learn how to fly your Mavic, you will see the light.

Reactions: Kilrah and bakerboy
If you prefer a P3 Standard over a Mavic, you must be doing something wrong.

Connection: Wifi vs tethered USB cable? USB wins every time.
Speed: 35mph max speed for the P3s in atti mode, Mavic 40 in sport mode
Wind: I find the Mavic so much more stable due to the “FlightAutonomy” sensor system. P3S doesnt even have Glonass or Downward Vision System.

Once you learn how to fly your Mavic, you will see the light.

I know all you say, that's why I bought the mavic, the problem is that it doesn't work like that... maybe is my drone that is bad from manufacturer... but my personal experience is very upsetting... when I fly in sport mode automatically shows me the message battery: overcurrent during discharge... and when is windy, my mavic fly like a paper plane [emoji30]

Hello, I've been flying P3S for 1 year but now I got my new mavic pro. I'm not happy with it, I've seen lots of videos of people super excited with the mavic pro but my experience with it is not so good, it goes much slower than P3S, it doesn't fly good with wind conditions, when I put it in sport mode and I disable the obstacle avoidance it always shows me the message of battery overcurrent during discharge, nothing of this happened in my P3S... I'm very disappoint with the mavic...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
You can't be serious, I own a P3S as well and the Mavic out shines my P3S in every way. The range of the Mavic beats the P3S 1000x over, and the video quality is better. Its more technologically advanced in that it has sensors that the P3S doesn't have. And saying it doesn't fly good in wind conditions?? I live in South Dakota, its windy here almost every day, it handles the wind just fine. And I haven't even mentioned the portability of it.. Oh and the batteries are cheaper.. Mavic in my opinion beats the P3S hands down.

You can't be serious, I own a P3S as well and the Mavic out shines my P3S in every way. The range of the Mavic beats the P3S 1000x over, and the video quality is better. Its more technologically advanced in that it has sensors that the P3S doesn't have. And saying it doesn't fly good in wind conditions?? I live in South Dakota, its windy here almost every day, it handles the wind just fine.

The range is perfect in my mavic, and video quality is excellent. What piss me off is the fu&@! Battery warning, that didn't happened in my P3S and in the mavic is almost in every flight... I never use the sensors, they put the mavic to fly at 10mph but when I disable them it shows me the fu@&$! Battery warning look at the flight data and warning
029cd7a23a0e8e40726740dfb3d2b3fd.jpg
029cd7a23a0e8e40726740dfb3d2b3fd.jpg
0e7b178c3d80cd43182c2a4a01d676af.jpg
ef38d0ce5906f25beecfb640bc5d57ab.jpg

Other members have reported the overcurrent warning during sport mode, I haven't experienced it myself though. And it flies at 10mph in gps mode? Should be flying around 20mph.

This error is reason to be suspicious. Do you have another battery you can try to see if this message is specific, perhaps, to a bad battery?

I don't have another battery, I bought the basic mavic without extra battery but you are right I need to check with another battery, it can stop the motors inflight [emoji33]

Other members have reported the overcurrent warning during sport mode, I haven't experienced it myself though. And it flies at 10mph in gps mode? Should be flying around 20mph.

I don't know if it is because of the wind or what but yes, it flies 10mph in gps mode and with the sensors enable

I don't know if it is because of the wind or what but yes, it flies 10mph in gps mode and with the sensors enable
Yeah if its windy it will be slowed down but usually if the sensors are turned off it should fly around 30 mph, in really windy conditions it might be slowed down to around 20-25mph with the sensors off.

If it's too windy where you are, just stick your phantom in your pocket and go somewhere else.

Oh, wait. You can't. :D

But seriously, it sounds like you're having some technical issues with your mavic. I'll bet once you get those issues resolved, I'll bet you hardly touch your phantom again - coming from someone who has flown both.

P3S over a mavic? Do you have a knock off copy of a mavic? No way that statement is true haha

His title was such a tease. I just had to come in here to see what was going on.

Guys don't get your panties in a bunch, he's trolling you lol

At the risk of been flamed - I understand where the OP is coming from.

The Mavic is warnings and errors left right and centre. Most to be frank can be ignored or at least taken with a pinch of salt.

The wind warning for example - appears if someone sneezes within a 10 mile radius. But never the less the Mavic flys ok in strong winds - so long as you are careful.

I've also sometimes seen the battery warning in sport mode - I just ease off the sticks a little.

I had downward vision detection switched off - and all sorts of dire warnings appeared! And yet I was able to fly fine.

But the warnings can be quite disconcerting after the relatively laid back P3.

I also suspect the lens on the Mavic is more prone to flare than the P3. And image quality is almost but not quite as good as the P3A.

However due to its portability I've carried the Mavic to places I'd never have carried the heavy P3. So despite the warnings, errors and lens flare I'd still stick to the Mavic.

But I did have the same experience when I first got the Mavic that the OP is having.

Reactions: jaimexdavila
The Mavic should've been called the Marvel, absolutely the best bang for the buck!!! I fly it so much more than my Inspire, probably 10 to 1 and when it comes to the hobbyist, it completely blows away the entire Phantom line up. Although many will argue including myself that the optics on the 4 pro and now the advanced are far superior, I would never trade my Mavic for any Phantom. It handles amazing, steady as a rock and is as portable as anyone could ever dream for.

Well I wouldn't recommend the P3S to anyone simply because the range issues. I'd lose signal within the line of sight..

Reactions: Kilrah
Just fly in P mode with obstacle sensors disabled. You'll get the speed of your P3S and no warnings (and much more stable video than sports mode too since sports mode cranks up stick response to the max for... well sport flying, without any consideration for image quality).

Nothing more than usage problem. Learn to use your tools.

Last edited:
Just fly in P mode with obstacle sensors disabled. You'll get the speed of your P3S and no warnings (and much more stable video than sports mode too).

Nothing more than usage problem. Learn to use your tools.

Do the osbstacle sensors slow down the Mavic in wind?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka