DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why no camera feed?

frankiez

Reactions
I got out an old smartphone (galaxy note2) and I downloaded via wifi the DJI Go4 app. I connected it to the RC and powered up both the Mavic and RC but I get NO video feed from the camera. When I connected my Note4, I get the feed then. Any ideas?

Also if my Note4 is connected, it wont let me even take off cuz I am only about a mile from the local airport and am in the direct flight path. But the Note2 without video feed WILL let me take off if I choose to but of course with NO video feed.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I got out an old smartphone (galaxy note2) and I downloaded via wifi the DJI Go4 app. I connected it to the RC and powered up both the Mavic and RC but I get NO video feed from the camera.
It's not compatible with DJI GO.

DJI's list of recommended devices can be found here.

DJI's list of recommended devices can be found here.
You might be right that the note 2 isn't supported. But just because the phone isn't on the recommended list does t mean the device isn't compatible. I use my OnePlus 3 and it works great even if it's not on the list.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

just because the phone isn't on the recommended list does t mean the device isn't compatible
Agreed. It's not a commonly used device either.

On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to go buy a $999 quadcopter and then find the cheapest device possible to fly it. When it comes to mobile devices, you usually get what you pay for.

Reactions: m0j0 and frankiez
Thanks msinger. The app works great with my note4 and since it gets to be a pita to constantly turn on airplane mode, take it out of its case, etc., i just figured, what da heck, I have this perfectly good note2 that i could use specifically for flying with my Mavic. Guess its not the case. Its not perfectly good.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Last edited:
On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to go buy a $999 quadcopter and then find the cheapest device possible to fly it. When it comes to mobile devices, you usually get what you pay for.
No body here is saying to get the cheapest phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I didnt. It was my older phone. My grandson wants to use it but it will cost $40 to get the unlock code so that it can be used on his GSM network.

Going to agree. Right tool for the job. Just because a device works doesn't mean you should use it. I have many many flights with DJI products. I use exclusively iPhone, iPad Air 2 and Nvidia shield. Right now I don't use the shield because there have been conflicts with the go App.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: mbuk
Right now I don't use the shield because there have been conflicts with the go App.

Could you elaborate? I'm thinking about buying a new Nvidia Shield K1 so I can use FPV goggless with the HDMI out. But if there are going to be issues with the DJI app I may reconsider.

Could you elaborate? I'm thinking about buying a new Nvidia Shield K1 so I can use FPV goggless with the HDMI out. But if there are going to be issues with the DJI app I may reconsider.

There are some disconnect issues being reported. My unscientific summary is that there are far less issues being reported with iOS ... just search disconnects and you will get a number of threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143