DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why use larger SD cards (newbie)

Cgomez1978

Reactions
I've searched and searched. Took the mavic out yesterday for its first flight and couldn't believe how good it was I've already bought extra batteries and just ordered a new case, but my one question is why buy a larger SD card? I'm using an iPhone 6s+ and all my videos are being transferred to my phone automatically. So what's the need of a bigger card as all my videos will be saved to my phone Sorry for the stupid question but I can't find an answer on it

A low quality of the videos might be cached on your phone, but they are all still being stored on the memory card in your Mavic. If you do not routinely clear that memory card, it'll eventually fill up.

Reactions: frankiez
Cheers mate thanks for explaining that to me without giving me a smart answer. So I take it the best way to watch video playback is to do it through a laptop? I was amazed with the quality through the saved video on my phone, can't wait to try it through the laptop. I bought a syma a few weeks back. I flew it twice and got hooked so I bought a mavic. This thing just amazes me the amount of technology squashed into it

I take it the best way to watch video playback is to do it through a laptop?
Yes. Remove the memory card from your Mavic and transfer the video to your computer using a memory card reader (I use this one).

Last edited:
If you think the cached video on your device is great quality prepare to be blown away by the quality that is stored on the internal removable Micro SD card.

Reactions: cardplayer71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU