DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi Range

GriffDawg

Reactions
I've seen a lot of posts about the range with the controller but has anyone tested the claimed range with a phone and wifi?

Has anyone done any extensive flying with their phone? Is it smooth and intuitive?

I don't have my unit yet so I haven't had a chance to test any of this out but I can see how the wifi mode could be awesome when packing light for a trip and all you need to bring is the drone body and your phone!

Yeah I saw the published specs, I just wanted to hear if anyone had test the range in the real world and what results they got, and generally how well it works in wifi mode.

Yeah, I had forgot it even had that option, had to start looking into it.
Better question would be has anybody tried the WiFi to Phone option. :)

Next,
Can I add a windsurfer to my Mavic to improve the WiFi distance?
Can I set my wireless router as WiFi bridge to act as a repeater for my mobile device? :rolleyes:

I have been going to take my phone up hooked to the Phantom with Personal Hotspot. Get above the trees and see if I can get my Tablet on the net in a dead zone. :)

Rod

I have used it on several occasions and found it to work surprisingly well. The first time I used it was when my controller was having difficulty connecting to the Mavic. I think this was caused by some interference on the frequency used to connect the two. Just as a lark I popped the phone out, flipped the switch on the mavic and powered back up. Connected on wifi with no problems and flew till the battery ran low. Liked it so much that I have used it several times since. Have not tested range yet though. Maybe Ill do that next time out.

Wow, Thanks
I want one, but I also want a 3d printer. :rolleyes:
Next year, I guess.
Just stick with my P3*hit for now. ;)

Rod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member