DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wildlife Worrying

I would have to say if these animals are moving because of the DRONE then you are too close to them. I would not disturb their peace. This is were the people pick up on the negative and bash us drone flyers.

Maybe drop the 4K and switch to digital zoom. Or film 4K and crop to 1080p at post.

This isn't me flying. I'm hoping some of you guys will comment on his video as he simply can't see that he's ding anything wrong. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think he was fine for a minute there but after getting comfortable the operator got too close. I'm thinking if you are herding them with your bird you are too close. My .02

Reactions: garaobriain
I think the animals will survive.

Those deerin the Stately home grounds aren't really wild and get remarkably bomb proof as they see visitors in large numbers through summer doing all kinds of strange things.
Not defending going so close though, they did almost playfully pretend to be a bit scared of it - and it looks bad even disturbing them slightly.

Reactions: garaobriain
They will survive m0j0 but apart from the animal welfare concern, it invites stricter regulation in future which even 'unconcerned about wildlife' pilots will have a vested interest in.

Wow that's pretty close, and low!

Yep, looked possibly 'allowable' to start but when he started herding them that just crossed the line. The sad thing is that he can't see he's done anything much to cross that line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98