DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will changing the height restriction void the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djf

Reactions
I know it's irresponsible to change the height limit for obvious reasons but there are certain times when 120m is not enough for mountains or cliffs etc. So I'm just wondering if changing the height restriction in the app will register it to DJI and void the warranty or have any other legal implementations other than a fine by the governing body.
Thanks for any insight!!

Reactions: jcpkkmw
I know it's irresponsible to change the height limit for obvious reasons but there are certain times when 120m is not enough for mountains or cliffs etc. So I'm just wondering if changing the height restriction in the app will register it to DJI and void the warranty or have any other legal implementations other than a fine by the governing body.
Thanks for any insight!!

It will not be a problem with warranty, but can land you in trouble with the local enforcement if you are flying against the rules/law.

Thanks for any insight!!
It's not irresponsible to change the height requirements if you have a reason to do so. If you are flying in the mountains, you should set your Max Height to 500m to avoid having your progress up the mountain halted unecessarily. There is another thread right this very moment asking the same question. Read HERE

Welcome to the forum Djf and aesculus is correct.
I will close this thread and just post in the thread he posted.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty