DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI honor a 2nd purchase of Refresh on a Refresh-repaired(refurb)unit?

TimeIsMine

Reactions
Hello pilots!

So just earlier UPS delivered my first replacement back from DJI Repair under my first Refresh repair. (That wait is horrible!!)The replacement unit was a completely new unit(or refurbished) and lost my drone wrap. Don't expect to get those back if your unit is pretty messed up.

Anyway... I booted the unit and updated the software. Once it was paired with the controller, the app walked me through the naming and start up steps and offered me the Refresh coverage.

My question is: Can't I just pay another $99.00 for another Refresh on this unit and have 2 more replacements. Does anyone have any experience with that? This unit has a new S/N and its coming up as eligible for the Refresh coverage. Sure, I'll be paying another $100.00, but this in theory would give me two additional replacements. Does anyone have any experience with this or thought about doing this? I mean...essentially its a new bird that should be entitled to a new Refresh policy.

What do you think?

Nope cant do that. It's not a new bird, it's a replacement under Refresh, even if it is new. That new S/N is now logged to your drone and Refresh service contract. Your next Refresh will cost $129 and then youre out of luck or out of time (1 year).

Get yourself some State Farm or other drone insurance, or sell this one and buy another new one if you want 2 new Refreshes..

How to do this then?
I bougth the Refresh for my new mavic. Flew it for a couple off weeks.
Went to the apple store where i boght it, because it had some gimbal problem.
They gave me a complete new mavic and took the other one back. Is the refresh following with the new one?
Do i have to contact dji give them the new s/n?
I havent started it yet.

In this case since it wasn't DJI who replaced the mavic I would say no, you'll need to contact DJI to ensure they're aware of the swap for your Refresh insurance . This should also not count as one use of your Refresh policy.

Please let is know how DJI responds and best of luck!

In this case since it wasn't DJI who replaced the mavic I would say no, you'll need to contact DJI to ensure they're aware of the swap for your Refresh insurance . This should also not count as one use of your Refresh policy.

Please let is know how DJI responds and best of luck!

Took a while but DJI changed the refresh to the new unit. And i still have 2 refresh left.
Everything was done by email.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580