DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Samsung S8 Plus work better and fit?

Some info... I have the s8+ with the app not working initially, but solved the problem.
Be cautious with being that happy. First try real world and have a dozen flights without app hangups or crashs before declaring your phone to be compatible with GO4.
The problems usually begin several minutes after takeoff...

I'm using firmware .200 so I use DJI GO v3.1.3 or DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 both apps crash once per flight or battery. I re-open app continue flying. Hope fully DJI will fix this Android 7 Nougat issue, never had problems with Android 6 Marshmallow.

that's odd I'm using latest Android app DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 no issues. Used with black bars on side and forced app to full screen as well.
Have you tried deleting app and re-installing?
Hi dv8ed!
Are you still using S8 and DJI GO? Can you still get black bars on the sides? I'm having no luck with that. :-(

Hi dv8ed!
Are you still using S8 and DJI GO? Can you still get black bars on the sides? I'm having no luck with that. :-(

You want to get rid of black bars on side? I'm not sure what you're asking. I was able to use DJI Go or Go 4 in full screen mode.

Reactions: jodo2017
No, the opposite!
I have problems reaching the icons on the edges of the screen, So I would like to have the black bars.

noone should be buying crappy samsung phones unless you can completely wipe their stupid *** software from it and install a stock android on it.
i had an s7 edge myself given to me by my employer but i returned it after a couple of weeks and bought myself a different mobile phone.
so doesnt matter if it works - just dont buy it.
That is an interesting take on Samsung phones. I am curious how you have such a different opinion from me? I have used nothing but Samsung for a long time. I am the lone Android user in the family. I wouldn't have another phone after seeing theirs against mine.

It's grayed out with the text This app is optimised to run in full screen.
:(

Was it working before w/ black bars? If you feel comfortable flying w/ older app you can install older Go 4 app that wasn't optimized yet.

Thanks for your help.

I just got my Mavic and have never used an older App version so I wouldn't know. I might test an older version of the App. I'm a little hesitant since everything else is working and I'm running on Android ;-)
(kind of: Don't mess with it, if it's working)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada