DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will we be able to use multiple apps?

plrogers1126

Reactions
Does anyone know if it will be possible to use the goggles while I fly with litchi on my phone screen. Thinking I can have multiple FPV view, one with gimbal control, litchi,mounted in my homido goggles while someone else wears the goggles without gimbal control, dji. Not the primary method just wondering if these logistics would work?

Not with the Mavic. At least not yet, however with the HDMI input of the Goggles. You have the ability to use the other series of the DJI Phantom 3 and 4 as well as the Inspire 1 that utilize HDMI output. The Goggles get thier feed from the aircraft thru the Ocusync transmission on the Mavic.
Only The Go App 4 will work. Third party apps like litchi will not work on the Goggles In general.
Trying to run 2 apps at the same time just doesn't work with the current SDK.

Last edited:
If the goggles get their feed from the drone and only use the go 4 app why would that necessarily force me to run go 4 on my phone at the same time?

If the goggles get their feed from the drone and only use the go 4 app why would that necessarily force me to run go 4 on my phone at the same time?

That is a very interesting point I never thought of. Can't wait for someone to test it. Just a few days away.

Odds are the video feed is going to work just fine no matter what you are running on the phone, the tricky bit is when you are changing settings on the aircraft via the goggles and the integration with the controller that changes button functions.

I am sure to try this upon receiving the goggles.......I have been using litchi VR mode for 4 months now and it has been flawless......IMO the goggles better not crash when the DJI app does!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU