DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind warning not displayed in logs

kingkrule

Reactions
Hi all !!, Im new in this drone world and im very thrilled about it.

I have been flying my Mavic pro for a week on a very windy beach. I have had a couple of times a red warning on the top of the DJI app sayng "Strong winds (and something else i couldnt register)".
And this message was apart from the small mesage "high winds , flight with caution" on the left side.
I search on the web but i couldnt find this same message at all but the biggest concern is that the message is not displayed in any log that was recorded.
Im attaching the log file. The warning was just at the furthest point.
I will appreciate any help about it. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 22.21.32.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 22.21.32.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-08_[17-48-13].txt
    380.5 KB · Views: 10
I have notices this too in that these messages do not appear if you play back your flight in the Flight record view.
I think it is because these in flight, "Large Wind Velocity. Fly with caution." and "Magnetic interference Fly with caution." messages are afterthoughts, having been recently added in a firmware update as part of another issue.. Rest assured the flight parameters that DJI has set to trigger these messages will have been captured on the DAT file the aircraft records onboard. Actually the Large Wind Velocity message one appears in the DAT files from the aircraft. Just not in the txt files from the RC. I have not seen the magnetic one in the logs but again, the conditions that caused it will be in the DAT. I would not be worried about this lack of it is displaying in the log.

I have notices this too in that these messages do not appear if you play back your flight in the Flight record view.
I think it is because these in flight, "Large Wind Velocity. Fly with caution." and "Magnetic interference Fly with caution." messages are afterthoughts, having been recently added in a firmware update as part of another issue.. Rest assured the flight parameters that DJI has set to trigger these messages will have been captured on the DAT file the aircraft records onboard. Actually the Large Wind Velocity message one appears in the DAT files from the aircraft. Just not in the txt files from the RC. I have not seen the magnetic one in the logs but again, the conditions that caused it will be in the DAT. I would not be worried about this lack of it is displaying in the log.
Hey Logger! Thanks for your answer. I tried to load the DAT files in different sites (DatCon and Pix4) to check your info but without success. Do you have any suggestion of what page/app to use with my Mac. Tyty

Here is the msg on DatCon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 15.03.46 copy.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 15.03.46 copy.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 14
No, sorry not a Mac person.
You could post your Dropbox link to the DAT and we could take a look. Or try another Dat file to establish if there is an issue with your datcon setup . A new DAT gets created every time you power on the Mavic by the way.

Here is the msg on DatCon.

This happens with a .DAT that was retrieved from the tablet. CsvView/DatCon only works on .DAT files retrieved from the Mavic itself.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

No, sorry not a Mac person.
You could post your Dropbox link to the DAT and we could take a look. Or try another Dat file to establish if there is an issue with your datcon setup . A new DAT gets created every time you power on the Mavic by the way.
Thanks Man.. I will upload the dat as soon as i can.

Hi! I retrieved directly from the SD cardand not from my iphone.
Before you Dropbox that .DAT please update your copy of DatCon to version 2.4.3. The older versions will sometimes have a problem detecting the AC type. Version 2.4.3 can be obtained by going here.

Before you Dropbox that .DAT please update your copy of DatCon to version 2.4.3. The older versions will sometimes have a problem detecting the AC type. Version 2.4.3 can be obtained by going here.
Hey Bud, I had that version. Reading in forum i have found out that there is a problem by retrieving Flightsrecords from the Assistance to Mac. I can see the DATs files on the MAVIC internal memory but i cant copy to my computer because they are protected.
I guess i would have to wait until DJI fix this. Thanks

Hey Bud, I had that version. Reading in forum i have found out that there is a problem by retrieving Flightsrecords from the Assistance to Mac. I can see the DATs files on the MAVIC internal memory but i cant copy to my computer because they are protected.
I guess i would have to wait until DJI fix this. Thanks
The DatCon screen shot in post #4 is from an earlier version of DatCon. Version 2.4.3 looks different. And, it appears, from the screen shot, that DatCon was reading the .DAT. The reason I'm interested in this is that I'd like to know if the current version (2.4.3) has a problem reading the .DAT.

The DatCon screen shot in post #4 is from an earlier version of DatCon. Version 2.4.3 looks different. And, it appears, from the screen shot, that DatCon was reading the .DAT. The reason I'm interested in this is that I'd like to know if the current version (2.4.3) has a problem reading the .DAT.
Hey Man. I thought it was the same because of the date that it has beside. I downloaded the 2.4.3 but same story. Thanks anyways!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 12.29.38.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 12.29.38.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 10
Hey Man. I thought it was the same because of the date that it has beside. I downloaded the 2.4.3 but same story. Thanks anyways!
Finally works. I could copy the DAT log files from the MAVIC and open them on the CsvViewMac. I was wondering if there is any info about the warning messages?
Ty

Finally works. I could copy the DAT log files from the MAVIC and open them on the CsvViewMac. I was wondering if there is any info about the warning messages?
Ty
Just to be clear. Once the .DAT was copied to the PC CsvView/DatCon could read and process the .DAT? The error message that is displayed in the Log Area is saying it could read the .DAT but couldn't determine the AC type.

That error message was earlier. App could read and process DATs fine. But only the DAT extracted from the Mavic internal memory .

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just to be clear. Once the .DAT was copied to the PC CsvView/DatCon could read and process the .DAT? The error message that is displayed in the Log Area is saying it could read the .DAT but couldn't determine the AC type.

So I guess no warning message are displayed?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You've seen this in a .DAT? Maybe in the eventLog stream? I haven't noticed this but I've not looked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest