DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wishlist for future DJI Goggles firmware implementation..

Mrhall

Reactions
I just received my goggles today and went through the pairing and update process without any problems. It's quite windy today so couldn't take the Mavic for a spin, but I did test the features and got familiar with the interface of the touchpad. The picture is ultra sharp and gorgeous, so much better than both Fatshark and Yuneec's Skyview, which I also own.
There is a couple of future improvements on my wishlist for future firmware updates:

1. Being able to scale the picture size down a bit, when connected to the drone. The screen is just a little to large for me to see the extreme edges. Strangely you can scale down the picture size, when viewing a source through HDMI, so it should be possible to do the same through "occusync".
2. Being able to play movie files directly from the MicroSD.

That's my observation so far, I'll get some flying experience and report back, if anything comes up.

Fly safe....

I think, I found a bug. When I try connect via HDMI on my P4P (with HDMI Module) the goggles shortly shows the telemetry screen, but with no camera picture. Strangely the mobile loses connection and disconnects from the drone, pulling the HDMI cord out, the connection re-establishes. Can anybody with the P4P (with HDMI Module) or somebody who have the P4P+ confirm this problem...!!
When using USB input everything is fine...

You might need to enable dual video output in the app. For some other machines with HDMI out by default it's only one or the other, you need to explicitly enable it in the downlink settings if you want both at the same time.

You might need to enable dual video output in the app. For some other machines with HDMI out by default it's only one or the other, you need to explicitly enable it in the downlink settings if you want both at the same time.

Thanks for your suggestion. Checked the DJI 4 app and the "simultaneous image output to app and HDMI" was activated, tried to switch it off and on again, it didn't help... I'm thinking bug....!!

I would like to be able to toggle on/off different information in the live view. Specifically, I would like to be able to see signal strength for video downlink and controller to aircraft.

Tried another HDMI monitor?

Tried both Yuneec Skyview and Vufine with different cables and same thing happens. App disconnects (also in Litchi) until I remove HDMI cable or turn off the goggles. It would be great if somebody with P4P with module could check if they have same problem.

1 - Speed in Km/h (kilometers/hour)
2 - Option to customize telemetry information on screen example : I cam put speed center left, altitude and vertical speed rate right middle of sreen such a HUD in airplanes. Couple of apk gives option to customize it on screen. The way it is or you drive or you see landscape.
3 - Estimated remaining flight time
4 - yaw gimbal head tracking indicator (black line) centered fixed instead of as of today (top of rotating triangle) . It.gets people confused.
5 - Real FPV flight sensation by heaving real fixed roll gimball camera. Roll sensation. not.only on Airplane mode.
6 - Option for a smother headtracking option example filming. As of today it is excellent on time gimble head tracking. But for filming no good.

I think a lot of this stuff willl be fixed in later versions, but for now I guess DJI has a lot bigger problems to deal with;).

I think my single biggest complaint is a lack of diopter control.

For me, this Sunday revealed just how big the problem is.
I had 3 extra people with me. Supposdly one of the great things about the goggles is the ability to let people share the experience.

Instead two of the people put on the goggles and said the thing was just super blurry, so they took them off.

I highly suggest that anyone owning these needs to go out and buy at least 6 pairs of various strength reading glasses or one of the variable kinds. It really a downer when people drive out with you and cannot enjoy the experience.

Rob

Reactions: Bada Bing
Would like to be able for not only using ActiveTrack from behine, but also profile mode from any side or front.
When replaying videos they are fullscreen, but replaying photos they are just a smaller window, would like them fullscreen, too.

I currently own the goggles but I'll be shipping them out on Monday to their new owner. While I think they are pretty great here are a few things that I think have to happen in order to entice me to order the next generation:

1. This is easily the biggest. Augmented Reality instead of Virtual Reality. The ability to see the outside world while flying is huge for me.
  2. The next biggest but easily in coordination with the first item - a MUCH smaller form factor. Besides being blocked off from the outside world, the current generation goggles turn me off based on the "look at me" size/geek factor. No WAY I'm going to wear these anywhere other than my back deck.
  3. Full app support. The current goggles do not utilize the GO4 app. I'd like to have the exact same functionality with the goggles than non-goggles users get.
The current goggles are quite impressive. But the size and limitations of the goggles just don't cut it for me. I MIGHT be able to get over the size if the software weren't limited. When you add the sheer size to the limitation of the software it's just a big swing and miss for me. The Moverio BT-300's are the best of breed for me at this point in time... but they are also roughly 2X the price of the DJI goggles so still not a perfect solution.

Reactions: Flash1034
Augmented reality is the biggest wish for me. I would like to be able to see where the Mavic is while being able to see the "shot". I use the goggles in situations where I am flying the mavic in tripod mode in tight places. I need to see where it is AND see what the framing of the shot is through the camera lens.

A partial solution would be for a PIP (picture in picture) feature to allow attaching an external camera to the hdmi port in and being able to superimpose that on the screen inside the goggles. Hoping that might even be a firmware upgrade. I may have to sell these and get the Epson BT glasses but I don't want to be on the android platform if I can help it.

u can change to imperial. go to setting, a menu will appear to the left, scroll all the way down to "units" and select imperial

I currently own the goggles but I'll be shipping them out on Monday to their new owner. While I think they are pretty great here are a few things that I think have to happen in order to entice me to order the next generation:

1. This is easily the biggest. Augmented Reality instead of Virtual Reality. The ability to see the outside world while flying is huge for me.
  2. The next biggest but easily in coordination with the first item - a MUCH smaller form factor. Besides being blocked off from the outside world, the current generation goggles turn me off based on the "look at me" size/geek factor. No WAY I'm going to wear these anywhere other than my back deck.
  3. Full app support. The current goggles do not utilize the GO4 app. I'd like to have the exact same functionality with the goggles than non-goggles users get.
The current goggles are quite impressive. But the size and limitations of the goggles just don't cut it for me. I MIGHT be able to get over the size if the software weren't limited. When you add the sheer size to the limitation of the software it's just a big swing and miss for me. The Moverio BT-300's are the best of breed for me at this point in time... but they are also roughly 2X the price of the DJI goggles so still not a perfect solution.
The Bt 300’s use an under powered android device and you can’t use the google play store. The apps are very limited. I first tried the dji goggles, went to the glyphs, then to the Moverio, and now I’m back with the dji. The integration with the Mavic is what sets the dji goggles apart from the rest

I think a lot of this stuff willl be fixed in later versions, but for now I guess DJI has a lot bigger problems to deal with;).

I think my single biggest complaint is a lack of diopter control.

For me, this Sunday revealed just how big the problem is.
I had 3 extra people with me. Supposdly one of the great things about the goggles is the ability to let people share the experience.

Instead two of the people put on the goggles and said the thing was just super blurry, so they took them off.

I highly suggest that anyone owning these needs to go out and buy at least 6 pairs of various strength reading glasses or one of the variable kinds. It really a downer when people drive out with you and cannot enjoy the experience.

Rob
Buy DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada