DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

With propellers or without?(dji bag)

dsmpampis

Reactions
I have a question.
Is it better when I pack the drone in the dji bag to have the propellers attached or not.?

Normally I pack the Mavic without the propellers and I attach them when I want to fly but I don't know if that is gonna harm the motors....

It's designed to be packed with them fitted and I pack it like that, but it won't do any harm to remove them either if you prefer to do that. It also means you automatically check the little plastic locking lugs where the props attach every time you fly instead of having to remember, which is good.

Reactions: dsmpampis
It's designed to be packed with them fitted and I pack it like that, but it won't do any harm to remove them either if you prefer to do that. It also means you automatically check the little plastic locking lugs where the props attach every time you fly instead of having to remember, which is good.

Super thanks. Yes, always when I put the propellers, I control them first.

I have a question.
Is it better when I pack the drone in the dji bag to have the propellers attached or not.?

Normally I pack the Mavic without the propellers and I attach them when I want to fly but I don't know if that is gonna harm the motors....
Don't know if its better not but I've always kept mine on, and no problems after 6 months. Still on original props.

Be sure and put it in the bag nose first. I had a heck of a time getting it out once with butt first the legs were hooking on the bag

Thanks guys but at the time I'm going to put the Mavic without the propellers in the bag.

If you leave props on - put it in a bag then put it in The Bag, makes it much easier for putting it in and out without snagging props

Either a strip of Velcro right around the middle or even just a large rubber band will hold the props in place. With out it I found occasionally a prop would turn sideways and dig into the side of the bag making it almost impossible to remove the Mavic!

If you leave props on - put it in a bag then put it in The Bag, makes it much easier for putting it in and out without snagging props

I'm thinking to buy the official pouch from dji. Then it will be easier to take it in/out.

I'm thinking to buy the official pouch from dji. Then it will be easier to take it in/out.
I use a large zip-lock bag, it is free and at a pinch I've got a ziplock bag to put stuff in. The mouth of the bag is much bigger than the mavic so it goes in easily - is the DJI drawstring bag a closer fit or wide open?

For scale, this is the bag with an iPad Air w/ case inside it.
2017-05-15 18.33.45.jpg

I consider the wear and tear on the prop mounts from installing/removing props all the time to be more of a potential issue. Also always left them on since November.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851