DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wobbling while in flight and vibrating gimbal?

Skcorsemaj

Reactions
Hello all I'm new to the forum and flying in general so I'll do my best to explain my situation..
I have had my mavic for about a week. It is my first drone and I have had no issues flying it at all until today.

I took the drone out and wanted to try the active track feature while I was long boarding so I put the bird up, set active track to myself, and adjusted the gimbal. I noticed it drifting a bit but didn't think much of it but since I got my shot I landed the bird (first time hand catching it) and inspected it. I didn't notice anything so I packed up and went home. I charged the battery and controller and went to go film my dog in a different location so I packed up and off I went. When I put the bird up this time I noticed it wobbling in the air almost like it was vibrating violently so I immediately landed it and checked the props (didn't noticed any damage but changed to rear set just to be safe) I then restarted the mavic, phone and controller put the bird up and got the exact same wobble. I landed it again and checked the rear motors and both moved freely. I recalibrated the compass and IMU and got same result. Besides the wobble I noticed it didn't seem to want to fly forward ( didn't tilt like it usually does when flying forward). so out of curiosity I put it in sport mode (for the first time ever) and it seemed to cure the flying forward quick and minimize the wobble, but it didn't eliminate it. While trying to bring the drone back to me in sport mode I crashed into a palm tree. (my first crash DOH!) I broke part of the gimbal where it mounts to the drone. The mavic does still function but I gave up after I saw the damage to the gimbal. I have sent my info to dji for warranty and I do have dji care refresh I'm just curious if any other pilots have had a similar circumstance

I will try to upload a video I shot before the crash trying to show the issue later today
I hope some of you can shed light on this as it's very frustrating for a complete nube like me.

I'm having issues with my gimbal too on my 1 week old mavic, continual abnormal gimbal vibration errors, lop sided video with jello (as the yanks call it) effect. Don't get me wrong I love flying my mavic but the gimbal is definitely a weakness in the design, I mean c'mon.. rubber bands?! Waiting on feedback from DJI on what to do next

I was hesitant to call them rubber bands since I hadn't done a thorough inspection post crash but now that you say it that's exactly what'll they are is rubber bands!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

mavic

Hopefully that will show the wobbling I was experiencing with my mavic. It is most notable from the 12-16 second mark and look at the rear left motor it doesn't seem to be spinning at the same as the other 3 to me

Double check to see if you have accidentally turned on the setting for Prop Guards. I was flying and changing settings and fat-fingered it and turned it on. When my bird arrived back at home, it was wobbling a lot. I had to search for the answer (Google) and found it. Turned it back off and everything smoothed out.

Funny you mention that I was searching around the site and found Richiefromboston has a very similar issue to mine and that was suggested so I double checked and alas... it is off [emoji25]

Dji said since it was in a crash it will have to be sent off for diagnosis and repair..[emoji37]
does anyone have an idea of how long this takes? I have family coming next weekend and I'd like to take my nephew out flying[emoji20]

I've been having the same issue. I tried turning turning off prop guards but it says its all ready off, and no matter what I do the drone won't stop vibrating. The day before it started vibrating, I was trying to land it in my hand but the roters wouldn't stop. The drone kept trying to go up no matter what I did. Eventually my friend got her finger hit by the blade and I had to use the emergency land, later I replaced the front two props. I'm not sure if that could contribute to the shaking but if so is there a way to fix it? (btw I'm new here so this may be a simple problem that is easy to fix)
edit: I should also add that the gimbal is not vibrating, it's the drone is self.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots