DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Workarounds for DJI's new updates

tkinva

Reactions
I'm not trying to be subversive, but...

DJI has had problems from their firmware updates. Drones have misbehaved.

DJI has had trouble with the DJI Go app. It crashes.

Now there will be upgrades that can purposely brick your drone.

What could possibly go wrong?

I still have the original firmware in the A/C and the R/C.

I fly with Litchi and only use DJI Go for adjustment and calibration.

For DJI Go, I won't update anymore, and I'll turn off the wi-fi when running it for calibration.

As for Litchi, I hear that DJI is adding their secret sauce to the SDK. So who knows...

Anyone else here making plans?
--
- - Art from the Air - -

The only real workaround is to never connect DJI GO to the Internet again, never upgrade DJI GO again (or other 3rd party apps), and never upgrade the firmware again. Also, you won't be able to buy new DJI products since they will most likely all include these unknown updates. That being the case, it would be easiest to sell your Mavic now and start flying products made by a different manufacturer. Or I guess we could all drop back down to DEFCON 5 and stop worrying about things that likely won't even affect the majority of Mavic pilots.

If you're using apps on iOS, I'd make sure to download them from the App Store using iTunes on your PC, then copy the IPA file somewhere safe so you can install that particular version later in case you ever have to reinstall, you'd want a version linked to the old SDK version.

The only real workaround is to never connect DJI GO to the Internet again, never upgrade DJI GO again (or other 3rd party apps), and never upgrade the firmware again. Also, you won't be able to buy new DJI products since they will most likely all include these unknown updates. That being the case, it would be easiest to sell your Mavic now and start flying products made by a different manufacturer. Or I guess we could all drop back down to DEFCON 5 and stop worrying about things that likely won't even affect the majority of Mavic pilots.
Yep I agree, I think people are worrying about nothing. But we'll see.

Reactions: superdave5050
Or I guess we could all drop back down to DEFCON 5 and stop worrying about things that likely won't even affect the majority of Mavic pilots.
Exactly... The hype out here has been kinda like the evening news: lots of speculation and fear, with no actual information to report.

Reactions: Clinton1
If you're using apps on iOS, I'd make sure to download them from the App Store using iTunes on your PC, then copy the IPA file somewhere safe so you can install that particular version later in case you ever have to reinstall, you'd want a version linked to the old SDK version.

There are also ways to rollback to earlier versions of dji go 4 if people don't copy the IPA.

Reactions: bagotfish
Far as buying DJI products in the future, I'm biologically immune, so no problems there.

Jeez, a LOT easier on android, just uninstall your current version, including deleting all folders containing the words dji and download the version you want i.e 4.0.4 from apkmirror and install... job done!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ