DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worn memory cards.

sparky1111

Reactions
I am about to sell my P4 which is sold and I wasnt happy with the video footage on my new Mavic.

Now the P4 footage is faultless so the rebel in me thought I'll swap the microsd cards assuming that's the issue with write speed.

Then I thought what if that's not the issue and I've done myself out of a perfectly good card and created another problem.

So I downloaded a microsd benchmarking app and was shocked at the difference.

The P4 has a lexar 16GB and gave these results:

b76e929e37670d78e92a5544db9a56db.jpg

And the Mavic SanDisk 16GB gave me the following:

48f5b03fbaa9b3a30aec46a58cfaf2af.jpg

I'm interested if that's due to use or make.

They were both clean cards at time of test.

NOTE: if the images are the wrong way around I apologise as I can't preview the image before uploading.

Basically the SanDisk was faster at writing than the lexar.

Last edited:
Reactions: flightmike
Seems you uploaded the same image twice.

Testing in a phone makes little sense since the limit is probably the phone's interface.
You want a fast USB3 reader on a computer.

Anyway that's waaaay more than enough.

You did not say what "faults" you consider you were seeing. The cameras are very different.

I was confused as I thought I was missing a joke or something about getting the speeds identical.

As above I'd do the test on the PC, something like h2testw is free and it's a good test of the memory card as it fills it up then reads it back so you'll get real world read/write speeds and it will identify if there's an issue with the card.

Seems you uploaded the same image twice.

Testing in a phone makes little sense since the limit is probably the phone's interface.
You want a fast USB3 reader on a computer.

Anyway that's waaaay more than enough.

You did not say what "faults" you consider you were seeing. The cameras are very different.
Sorry.

Fault appeared to be a second skipping on the video recording now and again as if the buffer gets full then it is ok again.
Here's a clip...
Watch the slight jerk every now and again on the video.

Timecodes?

All I can see by watching a minute or so is occasional gimbal shake/vibration. Nothing to do with the card.

I'm not sure if the uploaded images are already changed but I can see the big difference in writing speed - need to check my new SD before using. I've had similar problem with SD cards in GoPro 4 silver when during recording a videos from time to time an SD card error appeared and none of the footage came out to be registered - after digging through forums it appeared to be a SD speed issue not a GoPro itself and after buying the quickest SanDisk SD problem never came back..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike