DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you buy a spark?

I ordered one from the DJI Store. It's certainly no Mavic, but I just have to check it out in person :)

No but then again i don't think many Mavic owners will need a Spark. It's really geared to a different market segment.

Rob

Reactions: dsmpampis
Ordered one too. It's. It's no Mavic but it's such a cool little toy drone to compliment my Mavic. I'm excited. Got the combo.

Considering ordering one, only thing holding me back is lack of DNG support for stills. I appreciate its for fun, but come on ;-)

Are you guys ordering the fly more combo or the standard offering?

Reactions: SteveM
I like the idea of it but I see it purely as an entry level MP. I don't personally see any perceived benefit of owning this AND a MP unless someone just wants one for the heck of it (which is a good enough reason).

But the MP serves all of my needs and it's super portable to boot so I don't see myself buying the Spark.

Now if they were to come up with a high quality nano sized drone for indoor flying... I'd buy that just for the fun of it. Especially if it came bundled with goggles.

Are you guys ordering the fly more combo or the standard offering?
I ordered the Fly More Combo since it's the only way to get the remote controller right now.

If the Spark was out when I bought the Mavic... I would have bought the Spark.
BUT, now that I have a Mavic (and love it) I wouldn't buy a Spark. There is no need.

I do hope the Mavic gets the intelligent flight modes on the Spark. Kind of silly we don't have them already.
I'm also increasingly getting annoyed at how DJI is handling the firmware updates and the controls they seem to be pushing on us. That may sour me on the whole company. We'll see how it plays out...

Ordered the fly more combo in white...just one more toy to add to the collection....I think they're so different...both have uses for different venues...

I have my Mavic, and the idea when I bought it was for it to be the only camera drone I'd need for years and years. I'm sticking with it until forced to upgrade. If I don't need an upgrade but want a drone, I can go for a toy quite happily.

I'm am all droned up for now lol . I wonder if there will be a "Sparks Pilots forum started ?

Reactions: Blades
Spark is a very nice little drone. I expected 4K, and a better flight time. Those two disappointed me a little . We have to see how stable it flies against the wind, those propels look very tiny. Although I like it, having a Mavic covers my needs , at least for now. I really don't see a use for owning both. It's like owning an iPhone 6-6s-7 Plus (the 5.5 inch) and an iPad mini 7.9 inch. But it's good for DJI to have a drone at that price point and size.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost