DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wow, I already love this thing!!

bsshog40

Reactions
So I just got my mavic yesterday. Had to go to the cousins house to do the 147md firmware update because my internet is very slow. Had some rain moving in and was gonna wait for another day to fly. Ooppss, the sun came out for a few minutes. Gotta take advantage of that! :) So using beginner mode, because I really have NOOO experience with something like this. Auto take off, went up a nice few feet and just sat there. So I flew around a bit, took some video. Gotta remember to point the gimbal back up. Lol The quality of video is amazing. No reason to post it though as it was very mediocre stuff compared to whats been posted. I am soo impressed with this thing. Well worth the 10 week wait. I'm using a mini ipad2 and all worked great. Of course I left all the settings as default for now. When I took it down to land, got it over my mat, I was a little confused how to get it to the ground. I thought pulling the controllers down would shutdown the propellers, but with my trust little cheat sheet in my pocket, let me know that it would just let the mavic know I wanted to land. Pulled them down, mavic asked to land and Whewwwww, first flight a success! I know I have a long way to go but I've decided not to rush anything, gonna take it slow and ejoy this awesome drone. Oh yeah, I did first register it with the FAA and purchased dji refresh. Lol

Keep in mind sometimes it will not ask you if you want to land, if the Mavic doesn't sense any obstacles and the ground appears level then it will just start landing if you hold the throttle down as it comes within 2-3 ft of the ground. This of course assumes that the vertical positioning system is not turned off which it shouldn't be by default. I have yet to see the question come up on mine asking if I want to land but I have always taken off and landed on a concrete surface so far.

Glad your enjoying it and taking it slow while getting to know it.

Been flying drones for three years now and I still get a little "nervous" with every flight. It keeps you cautious.
That said, glad you got it and like it. Enjoy!

Reactions: curtissimo
Keep in mind sometimes it will not ask you if you want to land, if the Mavic doesn't sense any obstacles and the ground appears level then it will just start landing if you hold the throttle down as it comes within 2-3 ft of the ground. This of course assumes that the vertical positioning system is not turned off which it shouldn't be by default. I have yet to see the question come up on mine asking if I want to land but I have always taken off and landed on a concrete surface so far.

Glad your enjoying it and taking it slow while getting to know it.
I have all the sensors on. I brought it all the way back to my landing mat when I was landing it. I figured that if it landed itself or just shutdown, it would've just fell about 2' to the mat. With the sensors on, glad it asked me and did it itself. Lol

I have all the sensors on. I brought it all the way back to my landing mat when I was landing it. I figured that if it landed itself or just shutdown, it would've just fell about 2' to the mat. With the sensors on, glad it asked me and did it itself. Lol
Sounds good, just don't be surprised or concerned the first time that it lands without asking you first. I just wanted to mention so you were not caught off-guard.

Reactions: bsshog40
When I first flew Mr Angry Hornet..... I was Like WoW..... This thing is really stable and Quiet..... The DJI app works Great...... My 2-1/2 month wait was "almost" forgotten.

bsshog40.... the more you get to use The Mavic.... The more you are going to appreciate this little amazing flying machine Thumbswayup

Reactions: bsshog40
I was same way now I just fly anywhere but can't lie still get nervous [emoji15] have fun gets indicting trust me

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Been flying ever since the very first Phantom. I still get nervous when I fly. It's healthy and keeps you on your toes. Getting too comfortable breeds complacency and over confidence. I remember a saying a pilot friend once told me - and it's probably overused like a bad cliche here. "There are bold pilots, and there are old pilots. But you won't find any bold old pilots". Or something like that. Keep flying and enjoy the rush!

I keep thinking that if I refresh the order page on the DJI site that mine will magically be shipped. Glad you're enjoying yours, and I can't wait to get mine.

Reactions: Lieutenant810
I keep thinking that if I refresh the order page on the DJI site that mine will magically be shipped. Glad you're enjoying yours, and I can't wait to get mine.
Well worth the wait my friend. I ordered mine 10/31 and just got it 1/14.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851