DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW, so many post about problems with mavic .

MrMavic

Reactions
It seems like 90% of the posts here are hardware problems, fly aways, crashes and software issues. I was thinking about getting a Maverick, but this makes me nervous about dropping $1300.00 for it. A friend of mine just got one and it didn't work, had to send it back without even flying it once, and is waiting for a replacement. Does anyone here have one that works the way it's supposed to?

Yes... and I don't think your 90% claim is even close to being correct. But if you have something working perfectly, what is there to post about?

Reactions: technogky
The 5% who have problems make the 90% of posts. When everything goes well you fly and enjoy instead of posting on forums.

11h30 of flight over 3 months without issues here.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
Mine flys great and it's not nessary to use all uppercase
In your threat titles . And tcope's post is correct.

/ sorry Kilrah I posted the same time as you .

Considering how many Mavics have been sold Globally and factor in that this is the only forum that offers any real solutions I think if you recalculate it, the odds of getting a bad Mavic are probably 1-3%. That is a normal amount of defective units for any product. I also think that a lot of the people who have hardware problems make posts and leave out the part about the previous crash that they had.

I use upper case where I feel like it - on titles,s and all kinds of places because it gets more attention.
And if you read my post it says "It seems like." I made no claim.

I'm not. trying to be negative, just that I am nervous putting out that much money. You guys do have a point that makes sense though that most people posting would be because they have a problem. I didn't really think about that. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
It seems like 90% of the posts here are hardware problems, fly aways, crashes and software issues. I was thinking about getting a Maverick, but this makes me nervous about dropping $1300.00 for it. A friend of mine just got one and it didn't work, had to send it back without even flying it once, and is waiting for a replacement. Does anyone here have one that works the way it's supposed to?
I've had mine since the end of Oct and the only issue I had was Operator error. I flew it sideways into tree. It bounced thru branches & leaves. After dropping 15' in the tree, it jumped out and hovered waiting to see if I'd pull another bone head move. Only damage was a chipped prop.
It's my first "real" quad copter and it great to fly. You're right a lot of posts are about problems. 'misery loves company' :) I don't think you'd be sorry with a Mavic.

I use upper case where I feel like it - on titles,s and all kinds of places because it gets more attention.
And if you read my post it says "It seems like." I made no claim.

I'm not. trying to be negative, just that I am nervous putting out that much money. You guys do have a point that makes sense though that most people posting would be because they have a problem. I didn't really think about that. Thanks guys.

Mass production yields some bad ones. If it's a defect, dji will take care of it. Otherwise, I recommend you get dji care. Happy flying!

Mine flies effortlessly in GPS Mode and like a bat out of hell in Sport Mode. Great vids & pics. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys. The videos I have seen look really nice when the pilot remembers to focus it. One of the reasons I think I'm so nervous is because I had one of the Phantom 2 quads and had nothing but problems with it, and DJI wasn't helpful in fixing it. I had to sell it at a huge loss, but I know the Mavic is a whole new animal. Thanks a lot for the positive input. I will be buying one when BestBuy gets them back in. Can't wait to take it to some of my favorite mountain lakes here in Montana. I already have the Litchi app and have planned several missions on Google Earth to fly. Check this one out. Starts at 8000' and goes to almost 10,000

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.00.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 3.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 3.03.12 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I bought mine from the original waiting list at DJI. When purchasing from Best Buy, do they offer any of their own product replacement program? Buy a bluetooth device, and you can purchase two year no questions replacement.

I bought mine from the original waiting list at DJI. When purchasing from Best Buy, do they offer any of their own product replacement program? Buy a bluetooth device, and you can purchase two year no questions replacement.
Yes, you still have the option to purchase REFRESH with 48 hours of activation of the drone.

The subject of the mass posting of Mavic problems was raised here recently. If you think about it, we don't post here when everything is going well. So, this is the place to find mostly problems, and quite often, solutions. It's the solutions part that keeps forums like this ticking ;)...

Yes I do. I have over 90 flights and nearly 200km logged on my Mavic. It's a beautiful piece of technology.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada