DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wow this thing is incredible

BorisTheSpider

Reactions
Since the posts saying "wow, I can't believe how cool this is" are normally from new users after their first one or two flights, I just thought I'd break the trend.

I have had my mavic for a couple of months now, and I _still_ can't believe how cool this is!

Anyone else?

I join in with you with amazement. More of it is not what I achieve but what others are able to do. I still work on flying skills and only a little on the photography aspect. Some of my hesitation to immerse to a greater degree is the fact that I am waiting for good weather, and peripherals like CrystalSky. But my appreciation of what the Mavic is able to do is very nice.

Reactions: Former Member
Since the posts saying "wow, I can't believe how cool this is" are normally from new users after their first one or two flights, I just thought I'd break the trend.
I have had my mavic for a couple of months now, and I _still_ can't believe how cool this is!
Anyone else?

I agree! I've been flying my P4P while waiting for my Mavic to be repaired (the gimbal shake/camera focus issue). Well, this afternoon my repaired Mavic arrived and I had time for one flight and I like it sooo much better than my P4P.

I agree! I've been flying my P4P while waiting for my Mavic to be repaired (the gimbal shake/camera focus issue). Well, this afternoon my repaired Mavic arrived and I had time for one flight and I like it sooo much better than my P4P.

Any particular reason you like the MP sooo much better than the P4P?? I had to talk myself out of getting the P4P bc I know the MP most likely fits my usage more but dang I still want one...

Managed to grab another flight today and still impressed with this little drone.

same...that aerial perspective never gets old.

i was shooting over at venice beach last weekend trying to get an overhead shot of the skatepark. found myself playing tug of war with the wind because it took my drone over the ocean and my battery was running low...literally had to run near the edge of the ocean and save it. i was already convinced that i lost $1200.

My wife bought me my MP. YES you read that right. We kayak a lot and do a long trip once a year with a lot of people for a charity and with that we always do a video as a way to promote the event. She has seen me watching a lot of videos that have great aerial shots of people paddling and she was amazed and wanted our videos to include that. So she ended up buying me one before our trip about a month ago. The MP is the only thing that would have worked for us as it is so compact that we can put it in a dry bag and get it inside the kayak and take it anywhere. The only down side for me is the camera man very rarely gets in the shots when you are paddling since I have to stop, deploy the bird, get the footage and then pack it all away before getting back on the water. I just have not gotten brave enough to hand launch and recover the thing while sitting in a kayak. But maybe over the summer on some really calm lake I may try it.

Anyway this thing has been amazing. I have some great footage that we got during the trip and now I just need to get it all edited and blended in with my GoPro footage and hopefully a few months from now I can get it on our page.

I sense such joy in this thread. I too am thrilled with my Mavic Pro, I wish I could fly it every day... but Canadian regulations have SEVERELY limited my flying ambitions :(

There are not many large purchases I have made in life which I have been so satisfied with and felt like I got my moneys worth. This is one of them. It is simply amazing!!
I agree with this. I have some nice things, all of them are just things and not that important but some are more special than others - I think the mavic is my favourite and the novelty isn't wearing off much!

I bought the MP for photography purposes. I love the ability to change perspectives and see things in a way previously not possible or prohibitively expensive.

The immersive experience of flying FPV with goggles will make you giggle if you havent experienced it yet. The acrobatic flying you can do with a racer is pretty amazeballs too.

Reactions: Scapegoat
Any particular reason you like the MP sooo much better than the P4P?? I had to talk myself out of getting the P4P bc I know the MP most likely fits my usage more but dang I still want one...

He obviously does not put as much stock in camera capabilities as he does flying.

Reactions: Jase1125
Yes this thing is amazing but what amazes me is that a consumer can buy something like this you can imagine what the government has watching us right now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123