DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong Mavic Returned

Crumm

Reactions
Is it normal for DJI to send you a different Mavic rather than repairing the one you send them?

After only a few flying hours my gimbal malfunctioned so I sent it in for warranty repair. After six emails including received, assessed, quoted, repaired, tested and shipped and then a long wait for UPS ground I ended up with the wrong drone, serial number ain't even close. It was supposedly repaired under warranty. I assume now I have a refurbished mavic that was previously crashed as where mine had very low hours and a minor malfunction. The whole process took just shy of a month and now I don't know what to do.

Mine was damaged more severely, and I wasn't surprised that I got a different one back. You will need to get a new registration number as they are not transferable between drones.

I just did the serial number decode and mine was built March, 22 and this one was built April, 11 so maybe it's new?

I assume now I have a refurbished mavic that was previously crashed as where mine had very low hours and a minor malfunction.

It's DJIs option to send you an equivalent drone, they dont guarantee you will get the same drone back. It's in the fine print.

How about my DJI Care? Do they transfer the serial number over or did the care go away with the other drone?

Mine was damaged more severely, and I wasn't surprised that I got a different one back. You will need to get a new registration number as they are not transferable between drones.
From the FAA site

"If you fly your UAS for hobby or recreational purposes and you use the web-based registration process to register your aircraft, you only need to register once and then apply your registration number to as many UAS as you want. "

Reactions: Pipes101
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest