You think DJI would've gotten away pricing the Mavic at a higher price pt?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fireblade, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Fireblade

Fireblade Well-Known Member

With DJIs shipment delayed another month, I figured we can Talk about something else besides the shipping issues lol.

So yea, all this talk about DJI's marketing genius, I think the one thing they are probably regretting is not pricing this higher. Obviously good for us consumers but not so much for Dji lol. Of course as with any price increase demand will go down ( which probably would've helped them seeing the issues with the delays), but I'm sure the extra profit would well cover the lost demand.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, and as a customer I'm definitely happy they went with 999 haha. (But I probably would've still bought it at 1200 lol).

2. bakerboy

bakerboy Well-Known Member

300usd would be about 450-500aud by the time taxes are re adjusted, would I have paid 2700 for a mavic combo? Nope, P4 for me if that were the case

3. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Given that DJI is operating in an industry that's seen extreme growth over the past four years or so, I would assume a main focus for them is increasing market share. There are many substitutes on the market and therefore pricing the Mavic any higher would mostly likely result in too sharp of a decline in demand which would have an impact on their market share captivation strategy.

4. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Plus DJI will recoup alot of that lost profit when they release their FPV goggles at an inflated $700.00 Price point. Well thats the "rumored" price point at least.

5. Carlos de Castro

Carlos de Castro Well-Known Member

Anything higher, I would have just kept my p3 professional.

6. DrPeppar

DrPeppar Well-Known Member

I would have bought the Mavic at up to $1400-$1500 probably. Why they priced it lower than the P3/P4 was astounding to me.

7. edoginasia

edoginasia Member

I agree with DrP
    I would of paid 1400 to 1500 for the bundle easily..
    I had 1200 in my P3A with 4 batteries and some carbon props and got 700 for it just to get this for 1300...I win..it has a better camera and it travels..and the software and more..

8. kykayak

kykayak Well-Known Member

They better get the production issues worked out before bringing out other lesser models. DJI wants the drone market. If they can bring one out without a controller and a lesser camera for $500 they haven't seen anything yet!! Shipping issues are a pain for us, but we will have one soon! Great for them that they sold a lot more than they expected!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

9. Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes Active Member

We assume there are production issues, but what if they are just rolling them out slowly on purpose to sell off the P4 stock all the dealers have. those that are late to the game are probably gonna wind up with P4's for Christmas now.

10. Fireblade

Fireblade Well-Known Member

Yea I agree, the Mavic is pretty much better in all areas including price. A higher price may have helped them with this shortage they are having lol.