DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You were right! It was worth the wait!!

Dronebow

Reactions
I have to admit I was starting to become a bit depressed about not getting the MP yet and when it finally got here I was even a bit disenchanted but that went away quick. What a fantastic little drone. It flies very precise and is quick and nimble. Sport mode is a hoot. That thing just takes off like a bat out of h3ll. And I took some night pictures of our downtown square to see how well it did the night shots. Just wow. I have not played with the settings at all so it was all stock and on auto.

I did notice on the DJI Go display for the bright areas there seemed to be some artifacting but in the pictures they were fine. Overexposed in those areas but fine. Looking forward to doing some more flying tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I will need more batteries... :D

DJI_0009.JPG DJI_0010.JPG DJI_0011.JPG

Noice! Got mine today and had issues using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge...worked it out but lost the day. I will fly more tomorrow and am now tempted to go play in the dark :) What phone/setup are you using?

Noice! Got mine today and had issues using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge...worked it out but lost the day. I will fly more tomorrow and am now tempted to go play in the dark :) What phone/setup are you using?

How did you work it out? I will be using an S7Edge also.

How did you work it out? I will be using an S7Edge also.

What was happening was the DJI Go app kept trying to relaunch even though I already had it open (I would get another launch window opening) and it would sometimes just diconnect from the Mavic. Also some telemetry info within the app was missing, things like battery status. I eventually turned off "Fast cable charging" (Settings - Battery) and after one more 'relaunch" glitch it was stable. I flew around for about 30 mins gingerly with no problem. My confidence in the Mavic is not high.....yet. I will fly more today. I saw alot of people post this problem and then others said they had no such issue (maybe fast cable charging was already off for them). In any case happy flying!

TMB Aerial,
So today was my first flight with the Mavic and my S7 Edge. I had Forward OA Sensor errors, GPS Errors, and the video on my phone was totally wacked out as if it was a connection issue. Video on the SD card inside the Mavic was fine.

Second flight. No errors like I had first time except for GPS but what bugs me is that my phone is being charged by the controller. Also, video on the phone this time was fine.

I tried resetting the connection type from "charge the phone" to any of the other 4 options. I am assuming MTP is the correct one.

My question is, once you change the setting on the phone and turned off "fast cable charging" did that work for you and do you change it back as needed?

Thanks,
Rob

TMB Aerial,
So today was my first flight with the Mavic and my S7 Edge. I had Forward OA Sensor errors, GPS Errors, and the video on my phone was totally wacked out as if it was a connection issue. Video on the SD card inside the Mavic was fine.

Second flight. No errors like I had first time except for GPS but what bugs me is that my phone is being charged by the controller. Also, video on the phone this time was fine.

I tried resetting the connection type from "charge the phone" to any of the other 4 options. I am assuming MTP is the correct one.

My question is, once you change the setting on the phone and turned off "fast cable charging" did that work for you and do you change it back as needed?

Thanks,
Rob

After my last post the app continued to be "glitchy" so I tried a USB to right angle micro USB cable that I had already....plugged it into the standard USB port on the bottom of the RC and I have not had an issue since. I suspect the stock cable that came with the Mavic was/is defective. I guess it could be the side port on the RC but I never replaced the stock cable cuz the price is ridiculous. I do have fast charging reenabled and have not had an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka