Your Favorite Drone ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scott rand, Jan 5, 2017.

1. scott rand

scott rand Well-Known Member

I just got into the drone hobby when I received my first drone in February 2016. My first drone was a Yuneec Typhoon Q500+. GREAT drone, so stable and fun to fly. Knock on wood, no issues whatsoever. Have flown over water, everywhere. My 2nd drone I bought was the Parrott Bebop 2. Same thing, no issues, have had a blast flying it. And though the camera isn't as good as the Yuneec Q500+, it actually has some more autonomous functions than the Q500+, and with the controller (Sky Controller), it can fly further than the Yuneec Q500+. So they both serve their purpose, I've had an incredible time flying them. Gonna sell the Bebop 2 and keep the Yuneec Q500+ as my large drone.

But the DJI Mavic has now become my new favorite. Almost a combo of the Bebop 2 and the Q500+, small like the Bebop 2 (even smaller because it can fold), has all of the autonomous features of the Bebop (and then some), and stable with a great camera like the Q500+ (but even better camera). So my favorites are

1) DJI Mavic
    2) Yuneec Typhoon Q500+
    3) Parrot Bebop 2

What are your favorites ?

kendegg likes this.
  2. Jixxer

Jixxer Well-Known Member

My favorite Used to be my Inspire 1 Until All the Downgrades wiped out performance .. Now the Mavic and My Phantom 4 Pro top the list.. I just about snapped the landing gear off a Yuneec Typhoon at a drone show .

3. scott rand

Must've been a faulty one. I've NEVER had a problem with mine. And I'm pretty rough with my gear (I don't baby my drones).

4. Jixxer

Jixxer Well-Known Member

Faulty ? Whatever. When I got it. Top speed 65mph. Each upgrade it slowed. Top speed now atti mode 45mph. Has a hard time in wind also. The only guys without issue refused to upgrade. Most are still on 1.04 ,,I don't baby either ,,,. , I sent it in believing what your imagining , DJI states. " No Problems Here. However, I stopped in@ DJI Los Angeles. Talked with one of the techs, He quietly admitted they had issues with people crashing the Inspire due to the high speeds, so yes they did slow it down but they also changed the top speed specs in the manual so no one would complain . Go read inspire pilots. 90 percent state same issue .. I used to keep pace with desert quads. No more. Very sad. **** my Mavic out runs it . Several have inquired DJI about a sport mode for the I1. Hopefully they will. Perhaps yours was slow to begin with. I bought mine when they first came out.

#4 Jixxer, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  5. kendegg

kendegg Member

The only other drone I've flown is the P3 so my fave is definitely the Mavic especially because of the portability and quick setup for in and out shots.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

6. scott rand

Sorry, I meant faulty Yuneec drone (landing gear).