DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your Favorite Drone ?

scott rand

Reactions
I just got into the drone hobby when I received my first drone in February 2016. My first drone was a Yuneec Typhoon Q500+. GREAT drone, so stable and fun to fly. Knock on wood, no issues whatsoever. Have flown over water, everywhere. My 2nd drone I bought was the Parrott Bebop 2. Same thing, no issues, have had a blast flying it. And though the camera isn't as good as the Yuneec Q500+, it actually has some more autonomous functions than the Q500+, and with the controller (Sky Controller), it can fly further than the Yuneec Q500+. So they both serve their purpose, I've had an incredible time flying them. Gonna sell the Bebop 2 and keep the Yuneec Q500+ as my large drone.

But the DJI Mavic has now become my new favorite. Almost a combo of the Bebop 2 and the Q500+, small like the Bebop 2 (even smaller because it can fold), has all of the autonomous features of the Bebop (and then some), and stable with a great camera like the Q500+ (but even better camera). So my favorites are

1) DJI Mavic
2) Yuneec Typhoon Q500+
3) Parrot Bebop 2

What are your favorites ?

Reactions: kendegg
My favorite Used to be my Inspire 1 Until All the Downgrades wiped out performance .. Now the Mavic and My Phantom 4 Pro top the list.. I just about snapped the landing gear off a Yuneec Typhoon at a drone show .

My favorite Used to be my Inspire 1 Until All the Downgrades wiped out performance .. Now the Mavic and My Phantom 4 Pro top the list.. I just about snapped the landing gear off a Yuneec Typhoon at a drone show .
Must've been a faulty one. I've NEVER had a problem with mine. And I'm pretty rough with my gear (I don't baby my drones).

Must've been a faulty one. I've NEVER had a problem with mine. And I'm pretty rough with my gear (I don't baby my drones).
Faulty ? Whatever. When I got it. Top speed 65mph. Each upgrade it slowed. Top speed now atti mode 45mph. Has a hard time in wind also. The only guys without issue refused to upgrade. Most are still on 1.04 ,,I don't baby either ,,,. , I sent it in believing what your imagining , DJI states. " No Problems Here. However, I stopped in@ DJI Los Angeles. Talked with one of the techs, He quietly admitted they had issues with people crashing the Inspire due to the high speeds, so yes they did slow it down but they also changed the top speed specs in the manual so no one would complain . Go read inspire pilots. 90 percent state same issue .. I used to keep pace with desert quads. No more. Very sad. Hell my Mavic out runs it . Several have inquired DJI about a sport mode for the I1. Hopefully they will. Perhaps yours was slow to begin with. I bought mine when they first came out.

Last edited:
The only other drone I've flown is the P3 so my fave is definitely the Mavic especially because of the portability and quick setup for in and out shots.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Faulty ? Whatever. When I got it. Top speed 65mph. Each upgrade it slowed. Top speed now atti mode 45mph. Has a hard time in wind also. The only guys without issue refused to upgrade. Most are still on 1.04 ,,I don't baby either ,,,. , I sent it in believing what your imagining , DJI states. " No Problems Here. However, I stopped in@ DJI Los Angeles. Talked with one of the techs, He quietly admitted they had issues with people crashing the Inspire due to the high speeds, so yes they did slow it down but they also changed the top speed specs in the manual so no one would complain . Go read inspire pilots. 90 percent state same issue .. I used to keep pace with desert quads. No more. Very sad. **** my Mavic out runs it . Several have inquired DJI about a sport mode for the I1. Hopefully they will. Perhaps yours was slow to begin with. I bought mine when they first came out.
Sorry, I meant faulty Yuneec drone (landing gear).

Mavic tied with Syma X5C- they're the only two I have, and I can't do much with the Syma, but on the other hand, I can't do flips with the Mavic. (Or shouldn't, anyway. Anyone who does flips with their Mavic in midair, please show me the video.)

One is for fun, and so is the other- just different types. Always nice to have something that you hardly care if it crashes.

I have at least two favourites:
The Mavic as allrounder and the Mariner II/Splashdrone for relaxed flying above water.
My old Phantom 2 seems going into retirement, same as my Microdrones MD4-200.

Hmmm, thats a tough one. I like each of my drone for different reasons. I really don't have a clear favorite. I've got a P4, Typhoon H, Inspire 1, and the Mavic. But it seems my P4 tends to be my "go to" drone.

I tend to grab the P4 cause its size makes it easy to take with me whether on my motorcycle, car, or backpack. BUT its size also allows me to see it further out than my Mavic which I easily lose LOS after only 500' out. I can see my P4 out to ~1400'. It is also the one that seems to work-flawlessly with Litchi.

I probably use the Inspire the least. At this point its definitely "dated". It really doesn't offer anything (other than being able to use a different camera) that my other drones can do. It also has the shortest flight time.

I don't have enough flight time with my Mavic yet. Its going to be my primary "ADV motorcycle" drone as its smaller size allows me to fit it in a small space and still have room my other gear. My one "con" is the same as its main "pro" for me, its size. I'm older and I find I lose sight of it at shorter distances than my other drones...

The Typhoon H, If I'm driving my truck some place, I'll bring it along as my "second/backup" drone. While it has been problematic with firmware upgrades, I really like alot of the features it offers. I like the 360 degree rotating camera. I like the ability to have one person fly it while another controls the camera (yeah my inspire can do that but you have to buy another remote where the H can be flown with the included wand). Its dark color offers a nice contrast against the sky/clouds, I like the rabbit/turtle modes, I like that it has its own dedicated screen. And its customer service is top-notch. The couple times I've sent it in, it was returned within two weeks. But with all that said, as I mentioned its had problems with firmware upgrades which makes it behave oddly. It tends to drift more than my other drones, So its "reliability" moves it down the list....

I guess I would rank them;

1) Phantom 4
2) Typhoon H
3) Mavic (again, having it just over a month I don't have alot of flight time with it. So this ranking will hopefully change)
4) Inspire

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
I have several and have flown them tons except for one that I just have had issues getting it to fly in a way that gives me any confidence in it.

1) Mavic Pro
2) Phantom 4 (sold)
3) Phantom 3 pro (Litchi warrior)
4) Autel X Star (will jump to 2 when 20mp cam released)
5) Typhoon H (for sale)
6) Phantom 3 S (Litchi Long range demon)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had phantom 2 and 3 and now mavic is my favorite. I hope that one day we can have much improved video footage instead of the joking h.264 compressed videos.

Phantom 3S (range sucks but I use litchi for waypoints.)
JJRC H36 (cheap indoor flier, good when outside conditions suck)
Race quad that I built. ( crashed)
Syma X8C

Waiting on the Mavic to arrive.

The worst I ever owned was a Cheerson cx-20 i think it was named, **** thing broke its shell just by a tip over on grass, but it on a new frame. **** that thing sucked after.

i still love flying my TBS Disco with the endurance mods and my kraken Octo, and ill always have a soft spot for the original blade 350 ( we had 4 of them here at school a few years back.)
Primarily most of my flying is with the Inspire, although after my first weekend with the Mavic, it may be topping the list

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580