DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your mavic kit

to prolong the life of my mavic, i try to minimize the number of times I have to touch the gimbal or closing/extending the arm. After each flight I will remove the battery and sd card so I dont have to open up the mavic when I get home. Thats one less time I have to remove gimbal clamp or extend arms(so transfer files u have to open arms to remove sd or remove gimbal clamp if connecting cable to mavic). Also the battery is already removed so I dont have to extend arms again at home for charging. Once files transfersd from sd card and batteries charged, I simply put them in the carry case until my next flight and I insert both just before flight when i am at the place of flight. So the key is, minimize the amount of times u touch the gimbal for clamp removal and minimize the times u extend the arms as much as possible. Long live ur mavic :)

Here is mine
16976c5da3c0f7f69fa25d66a6ccb848.jpg

Reactions: westonea and Viciam
That's a nice wrap true fly. Is it from DroneWrap Japan?

It is they are a very nice wrap I am still yet to do the controller tho as I still have the old wrap on it

I'm thinking about getting one form them as well. Any effects on performance such as GPS signal or controller signal issues?

Great, I'll be placing my order soon I guess. I just noticed, your drone is the same colour as my rug :D

Reactions: True fly
That's awesome KaiserVon. You even got the powerextra charger to fit in your case! That's rather cool. Which case is this?

Yes indeed ;)

I see you prefer to put your mavic in side ways!

I got a similar bag as the OP, but usually just use the foam insert. I either put it in my DSLR backpack or in my motorcycle tankbag. Convenient size and sturdy protection for the Mavic.
s-l500.jpg
IMG_20170520_065934.jpg
28.06.png

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_065954.jpg
    IMG_20170520_065954.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Luckyroo and Viciam
to prolong the life of my mavic, i try to minimize the number of times I have to touch the gimbal or closing/extending the arm. After each flight I will remove the battery and sd card so I dont have to open up the mavic when I get home. Thats one less time I have to remove gimbal clamp or extend arms(so transfer files u have to open arms to remove sd or remove gimbal clamp if connecting cable to mavic). Also the battery is already removed so I dont have to extend arms again at home for charging. Once files transfersd from sd card and batteries charged, I simply put them in the carry case until my next flight and I insert both just before flight when i am at the place of flight. So the key is, minimize the amount of times u touch the gimbal for clamp removal and minimize the times u extend the arms as much as possible. Long live ur mavic :)
I like this. I usually pull the card out when I get home which means unfolding the arms unnecessarily. I'm going to do this from now on. Great tip! Thumbswayup

Yes, DJI says mavic arms can extend/close 5000 times. Even though that's alot, why not extend the time to reach that 5000 by removing the unnecessary times you open the arms. Glad the tip helps :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut