DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Drone Police lol

Syphon

Reactions
Ha, had the first "Drone Police" post on my video.

"Thats a great video. But Did you get a waiver to fly there? Thats part of Sanford international airspace and flying there without waiver is a no-no"

Had to reply informing him that
A. As a recreational flyer, I have to contact airports within 5 miles of my flight, and this was outside of that range.
B. There is a sea plane base within 5 miles which they were contacted.
C. I always contact ATC when flying in those areas.
D. There is a Class C airspace that goes out another mile from the 5 mile zone, this is outside that Class C space by almost a mile.

How many of you get random people commenting on your videos about "you can't fly there"? Funny part is this video does not even list the location or anything, not a major landmark, not the name of the park, city, county, state, anything. Obviously he some how randomly found the video and recognized the location, yet was still wrong about the airspace lol.

Reactions: jointeffort
Ha, had the first "Drone Police" post on my video.

"Thats a great video. But Did you get a waiver to fly there? Thats part of Sanford international airspace and flying there without waiver is a no-no"

Had to reply informing him that
A. As a recreational flyer, I have to contact airports within 5 miles of my flight, and this was outside of that range.
B. There is a sea plane base within 5 miles which they were contacted.
C. I always contact ATC when flying in those areas.
D. There is a Class C airspace that goes out another mile from the 5 mile zone, this is outside that Class C space by almost a mile.

How many of you get random people commenting on your videos about "you can't fly there"? Funny part is this video does not even list the location or anything, not a major landmark, not the name of the park, city, county, state, anything. Obviously he some how randomly found the video and recognized the location, yet was still wrong about the airspace lol.
Your response was a lot nicer than mine would have been but it only takes a few guys like that to really muck up a statistically almost perfectly safe activity. Because of do-gooders like that I don't post my videos on YouTube or other public sites.

Your response was a lot nicer than mine would have been but it only takes a few guys like that to really muck up a statistically almost perfectly safe activity. Because of do-gooders like that I don't post my videos on YouTube or other public sites.
I don't post them here either because there are several folks here who fall into that category to differing degrees.

Reactions: chazzm
I don't post them here either because there are several folks here who fall into that category to differing degrees.

Great, perfect response.... factual and to the point without irritating the situation.

I was just going to ask where your (original posters) video was posted... I'm assuming on this forum and not Youtube or Vimeo etc...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000