Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube Policy Change - 10,000 views for monetisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim M

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this applies to you or not, but just to let everyone know that YouTube has changed its monetisation policy on videos. As of last week, your videos on your channel are only going to be monetised if the total lifetime views on your channel are over 10,000, and YourTube will then verify your channel to see if it is "worthwhile" content to monetise.

This is in reaction to the bad publicity that YouTube has been getting in the past few months. In my opinion, this is the wrong way to go about it.

I have some videos on my channel monetised, not to make anything substantial, if fact I don't really care about earning money on my videos, but it is kind of fun to see how much you can make (I have $1 so far lol)

Personally, I think what YouTube has done is wrong and I want to let everyone here know about it and see if we can get around this absurd policy.

So let's get behind everyone on here, subscribe to their channels, watch their videos (even in the background) and get everyone up over the 10,000 mark.

Leave your channel URL in this thread, subscribe to everyone that posts their channel and everyone that subscribes to your channel, do the right thing and subscribe back and lets see if we can together boost everyones numbers.

Thanks for reading!

Tim Masters

Regards
Tim

Last edited:
I don't know how to post a mink to channel from my phone, but here is my most popular video, filmed with a mavic.

10,000 isn't a huge number if you've uploaded for a year or two.
I have three channels with different themes all well above that.
You make peanuts from their adverts anyway, I only monetise odd ones that are unusually popular.
You earn far more from affilite links if you want to get into it seriously.

Reactions: Simsstash
Here's mine :)

392,434 views, all sorts on there but mainly everything RC air :)

Nick RC
10,000 isn't a huge number if you've uploaded for a year or two.
I have three channels with different themes all well above that.
You make peanuts from their adverts anyway, I only monetise odd ones that are unusually popular.
You earn far more from affilite links if you want to get into it seriously.

Yes peanuts is true BUT it is still fun to see what videos people like and get something out of it

I'm not a mod but please keep in mind that advertising your YT channel is against the TOS. Also, this thread is about a new YT rule. There is a thread for posting your YT already established.

I'm not a mod but please keep in mind that advertising your YT channel is against the TOS. Also, this thread is about a new YT rule. There is a thread for posting your YT already established.

The gentleman who started this thread asked us for our links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S