DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

♦️My first wedding video...seeking criticism♦️

As a professional photographer I can't even bring myself to press play when you say you did a wedding, for free with and iphone and ipad. Sorry..

Doug. Well done I say. I've seen some of your work over on the Phantom forum, and I have added a Mavic to the fleet.

I did a co-worker's daughter's outdoors wedding just over a week ago. They had a professional photographer hired to do the close up shots. Most of my shots were from some distance away. Used both the P4 and Mavic. Was a great day with little wind.

The wedding took place in a field with the farm where the newlyweds will live in the background. The bride and groom arrived at the reception site in the back of a truck. I snapped a shot from the air just as they got off the truck.

They were very happy with the aerial shots and video. Not to upstage Doug's post, but here are a couple of sample shots:

DJI_0309m.JPG DJI_0346m.JPG

Reactions: DougAles
Doug. Well done I say. I've seen some of your work over on the Phantom forum, and I have added a Mavic to the fleet.

I did a co-worker's daughter's outdoors wedding just over a week ago. They had a professional photographer hired to do the close up shots. Most of my shots were from some distance away. Used both the P4 and Mavic. Was a great day with little wind.

The wedding took place in a field with the farm where the newlyweds will live in the background. The bride and groom arrived at the reception site in the back of a truck. I snapped a shot from the air just as they got off the truck.

They were very happy with the aerial shots and video. Not to upstage Doug's post, but here are a couple of sample shots:

View attachment 19329 View attachment 19331

Well done and bravo!

IMG_1261.jpg
As a professional photographer I can't even bring myself to press play when you say you did a wedding, for free with and iphone and ipad. Sorry..

DodgeP,

Thank you. Still, I invite you to check it out.

I guess I am what professional wedding photographers call a "Uncle Bob."

While your eye may be seeking sharply focused shots with perfect composition, this video offerers neither. So sit back, relax, and ask yourself if this couple who are not rich are better off with this wedding video or none.

If you choose not to check it out, I will understand.

All the best to you.

- Doug

Reactions: frankiez
Hi Doug, I think the video was pretty good. You may want to invest in a gimbal for your iPhone so when you take videos it might come out nice and smooth as well. Keep up the good work and I guess everyone has to start from somewhere so great effort there mate!

Reactions: DougAles
IMG_1261.jpg IMG_1265.JPG
Hi Doug, I think the video was pretty good. You may want to invest in a gimbal for your iPhone so when you take videos it might come out nice and smooth as well. Keep up the good work and I guess everyone has to start from somewhere so great effort there mate!

Thank you Benjamin.

For stabilization I own and use a Zhiyun-Tech Smooth-C, a 3-axis handheld gimbal stabilizer for all shots with motion or two tripods for shots without motion, one traditional tripod and one Joby Gorilla-pod tripod.

Two of the other accessories I used with my iPhone include a Olloclip active lense for telephoto and wide angle shots as well as a Rode VideoMic Me miniature shotgun microphone with flurry dead cat for improved audio.

The first photo shows my iPhone with the lens, gorilla-pod tripod, and mic with flurry dead cat. Thats not a stock photo, I took that on my driveway.

The second photo shows me at the wedding's first dance with the stabilizer in action.

Thank you for checking out my video and helping me improve. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+