DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

‘Flight radar for drones’ on the way

Not much we didn’t know already. Has been talked about more
than I care to say. Just a different source. .

Reactions: AZDave and danwnz
Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but how do we know that:

a. The ID data will be unencrypted in the final version of the RID requirement?

b. The means to read it will be freely available to anyone who wants it?

Last edited:
For Google. I wonder if the drones have remote Id enabled yet or do they have to.
The article mentions it is set up for EU for now. I tried the App here with my Air 2S and nothing.
Note: this article is written with the European drone regulations for Drone ID in mind!

Reactions: dirkclod
The article mentions it is set up for EU for now. I tried the App here with my Air 2S and nothing.
Hi,

The current list of supported drones and devices can be found here receiver-android/transmitter-devices.md at master · opendroneid/receiver-android. Unfortunetly, Air 2S must be FW updated first to be visible on the web. And at the moment, I am not sure if DJI has already released the update.

Just to let you know, we just published a multiplatform application called Drone Scanner GitHub - dronetag/drone-scanner: Multi-platform mobile application for receiving Remote ID information broadcasted by nearby UAVs, compatible with ASTM F3411, ASD-STAN prEN 4709-002 standards. Let me know if you have some questions unanswered for the Remote ID topic and I will be glad to help.

Hi,

The current list of supported drones and devices can be found here receiver-android/transmitter-devices.md at master · opendroneid/receiver-android. Unfortunetly, Air 2S must be FW updated first to be visible on the web. And at the moment, I am not sure if DJI has already released the update.

Just to let you know, we just published a multiplatform application called Drone Scanner GitHub - dronetag/drone-scanner: Multi-platform mobile application for receiving Remote ID information broadcasted by nearby UAVs, compatible with ASTM F3411, ASD-STAN prEN 4709-002 standards. Let me know if you have some questions unanswered for the Remote ID topic and I will be glad to help.
If you were able to make it run on a Raspberry Pi then it could be used as a full time aeroscope?

I think BIG BROTHER is definitely reaching out after reading this. Soon we won't able to fly them at all near ANY civilization as more-restrictive rules continue to be imposed by more and more geographical areas. "Just follow the rules and use common sense" methods used to work just fine and still does for me ... this is surveillance action going off the deep end IMHO.

I think BIG BROTHER is definitely reaching out after reading this. Soon we won't able to fly them at all near ANY civilization as more-restrictive rules continue to be imposed by more and more geographical areas. "Just follow the rules and use common sense" methods used to work just fine and still does for me ... this is surveillance action going off the deep end IMHO.
Roger That!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr