DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Lightspeed” Data Cable and USB A to USB C cable question

ZoneAerial

Reactions
Question- is the M3 “Lightspeed” data cable simply a thunderbolt 3 cable- no difference?

Also, the included cable for charging the RC Pro (USB A to USB C) - anything special or can I use any USB A to C cable (like an Anker braided one)?

Question- is the M3 “Lightspeed” data cable simply a thunderbolt 3 cable- no difference?

Also, the included cable for charging the RC Pro (USB A to USB C) - anything special or can I use any USB A to C cable (like an Anker braided one)?
It’s USB 3.1 2x2 (20 GB/s). If it was thunderbolt they would have said that and there’d be a lighting bolt on the cable. Thunderbolt devices only work with Thunderbolt ports and not everybody has a Thunderbolt port.

Last edited:
It’s USB 3.1 2x2 (20 GB/s). If it was thunderbolt they would have said that and there’d be a lighting bolt on the cable. Also thunderbolt only works with Thunderbolt devices and not everybody has Thunderbolt.
Thanks. Any the USB A to USB C cable- is it just a 3A cable. Any one will do?

Thanks. Any the USB A to USB C cable- is it just a 3A cable. Any one will do?
Personally I would still use a PD USB-C to USB-C cable to charge the RC but any high quality cable should work and charge at 2amps.

I forgot to mention above that a Thunderbolt 3 cable should still work.

Thanks for this info on this thread; both times I've tried to plug my Lightspeed cable into my thunderbolt ports (Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha), as soon as the cable was plugged in my computer turned itself off, and I haven't a clue why!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N