DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Map loading” in flight record

Rivendell

Reactions
When fying with an iPhone, the fight record shows the location of each flight as a place name.

I have since changed to a Nokia 8 and now the flight record says “map loading” instead of a place name.

When I enter the flight, the standard, hybrid and satellite maps are all available and accuracte. At the top of the individual flight record, the words “map loading” scroll by.

This is the case for flights that were flown weeks ago as well as recent ones.

Any clues please? Thank you.

Hello. I’m not sure this will work but you could try starting the app and preloading the map for the area in which you will fly your drone.

Reactions: FMR
Ok - not done that before, but I’ll try this weekend! Thanks for the advice.

OK, so I've tried caching the map first. I've not tried this before and in Android I can't see a feature to cache the map in the background. However, before the flight and when connected to wifi, I entered the app (version 4.2.8) and maximised the map to fill the screen. I then slewed it around to cover the area I was going to fly. When I turned off wifi and 4G the map was still there, so I figured I had cached it (had I?).

I then went flying for 15 minutes around the local area and returned. I synched flight data but, as before, "map loading" continuously scrolls. Every other detail of the flight is recorded perfectly. TBH, this is more an annoyance than anything and I am thrilled with the Nokia 8, but would like to see the flight records populated with where I had been. Even if I could amend after the flight it would be good.

I would still value any advice or info on this. Thank you.

It's always been broken on the android version of GO4 as far as I can remember.

It's always been broken on the android version of GO4 as far as I can remember.

Most unfortunate… Hopefully future Android updates will address this so that it can consistently work on all of their devices. This will be a challenge as the platform is so fragmented. With that said, my Galaxy S9 still functions as a very good alternative when my iOS devices are not available.

Just to confirm, I'm suffering this bug on the Crystalsky 7.8. Everything that I fly with it gets the "Map Loading." Nothing I've tried from all the different posts here helps the issue.

I still have this issue on my Android, both with DJI Go 4 and DJI Pilot. Very annoying that a bug like this doesn't get fixed after years.

Still happening for me. The first 100 or so flights on my P3S it worked fine but since then all of them say Map Loading. No matter what app I use the old Go app or Go 4, it's still happening an all my devices.

Now I have at least 400 flights that say map loading, kinda bummed out by that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580