DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Recalibrate compass error” on most every flight?

Slloyd

Reactions
Been flying for a few months now and have noticed the last few weeks that I get the recalibrate error message about every time I fly.
Anyone else get this with the Mavic 2 Pro? Various take off locations. Even different states.
I recalibrate and all works fine.
Just curious as to why recalibration is needed each time.
Thanks

Some other relevant threads:

Thanks for the info. I have always just done the recalibrate. Don’t want to take any chances.
It is stored in the backpack and usually in the house. I did try to launch near the car a few times. But other times on a pier at the lake and another time at a cemetery.
Thanks for info.

Some other relevant threads:

I found if I powered on the aircraft while in back of SUV or on a metal picnic table, it always required recalculation. But powering on out on my landing pad on the ground, never a problem.

Thanks for the info. I have always just done the recalibrate. Don’t want to take any chances.
It is stored in the backpack and usually in the house. I did try to launch near the car a few times. But other times on a pier at the lake and another time at a cemetery.
Thanks for info.

It will request calibration every 30 days or if it moves more than 50 km from the last flight location. Does that account for the observed behavior?

Since the latest FW update, it complains about the compass every 2-3 sessions (by session I mean same day several batteries). I fly in the same places pretty much all the time these days (home or church). Absolutely no rhyme or reason, nothing appears to be an influence, just randomly happens. Previously, I'd fly for several months with no problems. I'm thinking maybe something in this FW made it more sensitive or something.
When it happens, it won't allow me to take off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103