DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

⚠️ Mavic Mini RTH Altitude Setting Not Saving ?

grahamjohnson10

Reactions
I'm running the latest firmware and software with my Mavic Mini, and found that the RTH height is not being saved to the drone.

I have an Iphone 6S Plus running the latest version of IOS.

I can't believe that DJI have let this bug though the beta testing.

In my opinion this has to be one of the most important settings in the drone, and if left unfixed is going to cost DJI not only a lot of money but more importantly their reputation.

So please check this setting every time in the DJI Fly App before you liftoff.

Latest firmware. Different than what came in the box?

Are you connected to the AC when you make the setting change? Lots of settings are saved to the AC, and if the AC is not there, then the app has no place to save it and will revert to defaults if it can't retrieve the settings from the AC.

Don’t have one yet. Stuck in a FedEx system.
I tend to not play with updates very much until I find a good reason.
The really good thing on this forum is there are lots of folks that provide info on bugs in firmware that becomes very beneficial. Not saying there is a bug, just like to do some reading first.

Are you connected to the AC when you make the setting change? Lots of settings are saved to the AC, and if the AC is not there, then the app has no place to save it and will revert to defaults if it can't retrieve the settings from the AC.
Yes I am connected to the AC.
Please test yourself and get back to me.

I don't have one or I would have, but that's a common misconception even in Go with other models, so I had to ask.
What do the limits default to?

Don’t have one yet. Stuck in a FedEx system.
I tend to not play with updates very much until I find a good reason.
The really good thing on this forum is there are lots of folks that provide info on bugs in firmware that becomes very beneficial. Not saying there is a bug, just like to do some reading first.
When there is an update you have to apply the update otherwise you can't fly.

DJI are forcing their customers to update, it's not an option.

Reactions: AIredale1
I don't have one or I would have, but that's a common misconception even in Go with other models, so I had to ask.
What do the limits default to?
All the other settings save fine, it's just the RTH which defaults to 40.9 feet.

Someone else posted this in another MM thread somewhere (there are a gazillion of them !).
So does it revert to 15m RTH altitude then ? (read you last post, I see that is right.)
This appears to be the default in the Fly app.

It might be a bug, it might not . . . is it such a bad thing ?
Many people go and fly without a thought to RTH altitude for the particular flight, maybe having a default 15m will prompt people to look around and set a good altitude for the surroundings ?

Also in Go4 with other DJI drones, sometimes an update resets some defaults, so maybe it's best to get pilots into the habit of doing RTH before each and every flight.

Someone else posted this in another MM thread somewhere (there are a gazillion of them !).
So does it revert to 15m RTH altitude then ? (read you last post, I see that is right.)
This appears to be the default in the Fly app.

It might be a bug, it might not . . . is it such a bad thing ?
Many people go and fly without a thought to RTH altitude for the particular flight, maybe having a default 15m will prompt people to look around and set a good altitude for the surroundings ?

Also in Go4 with other DJI drones, sometimes an update resets some defaults, so maybe it's best to get pilots into the habit of doing RTH before each and every flight.
This setting is one of the most important, and should always save.

Surely the default should be 400 feet.

Reactions: Funnone and floyd
It is a very bad thing. I set my RTH for my M2/P2 to 90ft or 120ft so that I will clear all trees and that fits almost all my flight sessions. If it always reverts to 40ft and i forget, and hit RTH: CRASH! And to add insult to injury, MM doesn't have OA.
I was even complaining about RTH not even going to altitude when within 60ft (I thought it was more like 200ft).

This setting is one of the most important, and should always save.

Surely the default should be 400 feet.

Noooo, 400' often way too much wind.
RTH default in DJI drones (Go4 app) is usually set to 30m, or about 100', plenty in most cases, but always take time to check out the tallest trees, or if flying from a height, maybe you only need 5m RTH and keep it lower on the return, out of drone taking winds.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Please guys stop making excuses for what is obviously a bug.

Max altitude / range and all other settings save fine, but the most important one does not.

It is a very bad thing. I set my RTH for my M2/P2 to 90ft or 120ft so that I will clear all trees and that fits almost all my flight sessions. If it always reverts to 40ft and i forget, and hit RTH: CRASH! And to add insult to injury, MM doesn't have OA.
I was even complaining about RTH not even going to altitude when within 60ft (I thought it was more like 200ft).

I think if default 15m / 40', then pilots will obviously know once they hit that ceiling, and make the change there and then . . . once a few flights are done, going into that Safety menu before each flight will become a pre flight habit (like removing a gimbal cover).

Re OA . . .
If it has hover on forced RTH (loss of signal), eventually in IOS as per other thread, then I think lack of OA isn't a big deal.
As long as pilots are aware of that and any RTH is scoped out properly before applying / or low battery RTH, then all should be ok.

New pilots that don't understand all previous DJI models / behaviour, are possibly going to have grief with a few things on the MM.

When there is an update you have to apply the update otherwise you can't fly.
DJI are forcing their customers to update, it's not an option.
Are you certain?
DJI doesn't do that with any of their other drones.
You always have the option to ignore updates.
All the other settings save fine, it's just the RTH which defaults to 40.9 feet.
The RTH height has to be stored in the drone so it can RTH properly when signal is lost.
Since this is a common mistaken complaint with other DJI drones, it would help if you could provide some evidence to back up the claim that RTH height does not save when the drone is connected to the app.

Are you certain?

The RTH height has to be stored in the drone so it can RTH properly when signal is lost.
Since this is a common mistaken complaint with other DJI drones, it would help if you could provide some evidence to back up the claim that this occurs when the drone is connected to the app.
Yes I'm sure the DJI App will force the update.

Are you certain?

Since this is a common mistaken complaint with other DJI drones, it would help if you could provide some evidence to back up the claim that RTH height does not save when the drone is connected to the app.
Please test it yourself.

Are you certain?

Please test the problem yourself there is no need for me to provide you with evidence.

Yes I'm sure the DJI App will force the update.
You might be, but that doesn't mean it is so.
Lots of users complain about "forced updates" for other DJI products but they forget they have their devices set to auto-update.
Please test it yourself.
Please test the problem yourself there is no need for me to provide you with evidence.
If I had one, I would.
Excuse the skepticism, but I've seen 100 posts complaining about RTH height not saving when the users simply did not have their drone connected when they tried to reset the RTH height.
Since every other DJI drone works this way, it would be quite unlikely for this new one to be any different.
If you want to claim something that's unlikely, you should provide something more to back up the claim.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada