DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

⚠️ Mavic Mini RTH Altitude Setting Not Saving ?

I specifically asked if they had AC connected before making the change, since even Go will not retain some settings offline that are stored in the AC. They confirmed they did.

RTH isn't just for signal loss. It is also for low battery and manually engaged for when you're just lost and confused.

RTH height may be stored in the AC, but if the app doesn't properly retrieve the setting and subsequently pushes the default, then even the AC lost the original setting.

I can confirm that the RTH resets to 15m each time you power up the AC. I have set it when connected to the AC. I don’t think you can change anything without being connected to the AC.

Reactions: scooot
Well you can, but settings specific to the AC immediately bounce back to defaults. It sounds like the app is not retrieving the setting from the AC. I wonder though if it maintains the setting in the AC if you don't view it in the app.
Does this happen with Android and iOS, or just one of them?

Reactions: grahamjohnson10
I can confirm the height is saving for me at 91'. I set it with MM connected on Monday, and it still has my RTH height setting of 91'. I'm using android, MediaPad M5.

Reactions: Meta4
just gone into the manual and in the RTH section and i quote it is important to set a suitable RTH altitude before each flight.launch DJI fly and then set the RTH altitude ,it does not say whether that setting is saved for the next time , but in a couple of videos i have watched on the MM it has been stated that it is important to check your surroundings and set a RTH height that will clear the tallest structure or trees where you are flying because the MM does not have sensors to avoid obstacles untill i get my MM i will not be able to see if the RTH that is set remains in the memory

I have tested a few times now wether RTH height is stored on ios device.I can confirm it defaults back to 15m.A bit of a pain if you fly often in the same location.In theory all new flights should be assessed and surroundings observed.I will be making the RTH height setting as part of my pre flight checks a ritual.

Reactions: old man mavic
My drone was telling me it was not permitted to take off either with the app or the remote before doing an update yesterday.
My RTH height settings are set and forget though. I set it on the evening I purchased it and it's stayed at 30m since.

EDIT... I just changed the settings to a random 69m and tuned everything off/on/off/on again and it remained. A quick video showing me turning on the drone, turning on the remote then plugging the drone into my phone, the phone opening the DJI app which was closed... connecting and then into the settings to show it stays at 69m.

It saves a random max height, the max distance AND the RTH settings.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the RTH resets to 15m each time you power up the AC. I have set it when connected to the AC. I don’t think you can change anything without being connected to the AC.

I can confirm the height is saving for me at 91'. I set it with MM connected on Monday, and it still has my RTH height setting of 91'. I'm using android, MediaPad M5.

I have tested a few times now wether RTH height is stored on ios device.I can confirm it defaults back to 15m.A bit of a pain if you fly often in the same location.In theory all new flights should be assessed and surroundings observed.I will be making the RTH height setting as part of my pre flight checks a ritual.

My drone was telling me it was not permitted to take off either with the app or the remote before doing an update yesterday.
My RTH height settings are set and forget though. I set it on the evening I purchased it and it's stayed at 30m since.

EDIT... I just changed the settings to a random 69m and tuned everything off/on/off/on again and it remained. A quick video showing me turning on the drone, turning on the remote then plugging the drone into my phone, the phone opening the DJI app which was closed... connecting and then into the settings to show it stays at 69m.

It saves a random max height, the max distance AND the RTH settings.

What are you 4 running Fly on ?
IOS or Android ?

I will be making the RTH height setting as part of my pre flight checks a ritual.
THIS should be the solution in any case under all circumstances.

I'm running the latest firmware and software with my Mavic Mini, and found that the RTH height is not being saved to the drone.

I have an Iphone 6S Plus running the latest version of IOS.

I can't believe that DJI have let this bug though the beta testing.

In my opinion this has to be one of the most important settings in the drone, and if left unfixed is going to cost DJI not only a lot of money but more importantly their reputation.

So please check this setting every time in the DJI Fly App before you liftoff.
I just checked my MM, both Max and RTH reverted to 49.2 feet after a power off and reconnecting. This good to know, now I will update each time I fly.

You might be, but that doesn't mean it is so.
Lots of users complain about "forced updates" for other DJI products buit they forget they have their devices set to auto-update.

If I had one, I would.
Excuse the skepticism, but I've seen 100 posts complaining about RTH height not saving when the users simply did not have their drone connected when they tried to reset the RTH height.
Since every other DJI drone works this way, it would be quite unlikely for this new one to be any different.
If you want to claim something that's unlikely, you should provide something more to back up the claim.
RTH is not saved, I put in RTH altitude. restarted dji fly, connected MM and rth altitude was set to default value (49.2 feet). Max altitude is not saved also.

I just received an update from Play, but no mention what was changed. Same version number 1.0.1 but build number went up a bit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803