DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 km max range on Mavic 3

Craig Notts

Reactions
Had a couple of flights on my new Mavic 3 (CE version ) and I keep losing signal after about 1 km or so , sometimes not getting It back untill I am 1,200 feet from home point. This location is from my home where I have flow dozens of times before with my Mavic air 2 which would always achieve 7 km range when tested. DJI have asked me to send them a video of an example flight which I will do. Is there any body else having the same problems on CE Mavic 3 .

Yes - although mine can lose connection within 100' (or even less) from the home point. This is my 2nd Mavic 3 Cine - DJI replaced the first one for the same disconnecting problem. This one seemed better for a short time, but then fell right back into the same problem. For a short time I thought changing the transmission to 5.8 from auto would help (others have found that to work), but on a recent trip even that failed to help. I'm about to send this one back as well. Last time they did not replace my RC Pro and I'm wondering if that might not be the real problem?

Howard

Yes - although mine can lose connection within 100' (or even less) from the home point. This is my 2nd Mavic 3 Cine - DJI replaced the first one for the same disconnecting problem. This one seemed better for a short time, but then fell right back into the same problem. For a short time I thought changing the transmission to 5.8 from auto would help (others have found that to work), but on a recent trip even that failed to help. I'm about to send this one back as well. Last time they did not replace my RC Pro and I'm wondering if that might not be the real problem?

Howard
Thanks for the info my friend. What a nightmare, I have had no trouble at all with my other DJI drones but this one has me worried.

I have the Mavic 3 & RC Pro located in NW UK & noticed in CE mode I lost range after around 1 - 1.4km when I had my RC Pro modded to FCC mode the difference was unreal, just to compare >>>

UK CE mode with RC Pro & Mavic 3 = 100mw
FCC mode with RC Pro & Mavic 3 = 1995mw an increase in pwr output of nearly X 20 it gave my Mavic 3 the range & penetration capability better than my Mavic 2 Pro with Alientech Duo II setup.

Hi mate thanks for that. I can't believe how weak the Mavic 3 is on CE it's supposed to be up to 8 km in countryside rural setting. I am achieving about 3 km there in the same location I would get double that on my air 2 . In town setting I am getting about the same as you did about 1km or so. I can't afford the RC pro controller right now , but I would still like to get the FCC hack .I did get the hack after a while on my air 2 and could get around 34,000 ft or over 8 km. Can you tell me who does the hack now as my guy packed in doing it . Is it drone - hacks .com

Howard
Hi Howard, how did you contact DJI to deal with your disconnect, the DJI web site or phone call? My Mavic 3 lost the signal and the M3 ended up in the ocean. The DJI web site is a mess when trying to deal wth repairs and loss of drone. Thanking in advance for any help you can provide Thanks Al

Reactions: NattyDread
Hi mate thanks for that. I can't believe how weak the Mavic 3 is on CE it's supposed to be up to 8 km in countryside rural setting. I am achieving about 3 km there in the same location I would get double that on my air 2 . In town setting I am getting about the same as you did about 1km or so. I can't afford the RC pro controller right now , but I would still like to get the FCC hack .I did get the hack after a while on my air 2 and could get around 34,000 ft or over 8 km. Can you tell me who does the hack now as my guy packed in doing it . Is it drone - hacks .com

Howard
Hi there
That's crazy ,you spend all this money and this keeps happening. As mine is not as bad as the problems you have had I am wondering if mine is faulty as well or just that they are restricting the signal down on CE mode even more than on my air 2 which could go much further.

Did 6KM recently with my CE M3, no problems whatsoever. Due to pilot error I lost contact at about 5KM on the way back. The AC did not reconnect before 3KM out, which was, err, surprising. This was done over water in remote area without interference.

I haven't tried the fcc hack on my m3 as only got it yesterday, but today's flight only got my about 600m before signal starting dropping. I have the fcc hack on my mini 2 but not my ma2s either. I'm using the rc pro too on mavic 3, surely in countryside it should be better. But I won't pay for fcc hack if its no better

Yes a guy on these forums - Sincoder did the hack for me remotely, also did it for quite a few other members, works a treat, I'm in UK20220110_141918.jpg

That's brilliant thank you. I'm in uk too, not far from you. Wilmslow
Get the hack done, it made a huge difference to my Mavic 3 you won't regret it, CE mode really cripples the drone especially now that trees are starting to burst into full leaf.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Keep trying, a few have taken a while to get through, he will respond, I asked him a question a few nights back & he did respond, bear in mind the time difference between China & UK.

Try this number & mention FCC RC Pro mod UK . +86 135 9037 9508

I have the Mavic 3 & RC Pro located in NW UK & noticed in CE mode I lost range after around 1 - 1.4km when I had my RC Pro modded to FCC mode the difference was unreal, just to compare >>>

UK CE mode with RC Pro & Mavic 3 = 100mw
FCC mode with RC Pro & Mavic 3 = 1995mw an increase in pwr output of nearly X 20 it gave my Mavic 3 the range & penetration capability better than my Mavic 2 Pro with Alientech Duo II setup.
Hello How do you do the FCC mod and the PC Pro ?

Yes a guy on these forums - Sincoder did the hack for me remotely, also did it for quite a few other members, works a treat, I'm in UKView attachment 146766
Got in contact with him but he asked me to download software to have remote access to my laptop. My fire-wall blocked the software. How did you manage to do it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys