DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

100 ft limit????

ReDave

Reactions
So... I'm new, starting out, this is my 6th run or so...
I take off.... fly about then climb above the trees,,,,,,, full STOP 100 foot limit sign in or some crap WHAT?... my trees are 100 ft...
fly around... head out to the pasture... FULL STOP!!!! 100 limit on distance?
So.. i come back stop everything...
restart, seems to work now

What WAS that all about????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd check the app for Beginner Mode and turn it off

Or maybe it didn't have sufficient GPS lock?

I take off.... fly about then climb above the trees,,,,,,, full STOP 100 foot limit sign in or some crap WHAT?... my trees are 100 ft...

I have a Mavic Air 2 and the only reasons that would happen is if there is an insufficient GPS lock, the stopping number is 99, or your preset altitude limit is set to that number. Yes the mavic air 2 does have a beginner mode.

Is there a beginner mode for a MA2? and it was 99ft up on a very clear day.... I'm pretty sure it had a lot of GPS sats available... kinda scary for a minute...
Check in the right corner (top) of the FLY app and look at the number of satellites.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

full STOP 100 foot limit sign in or some crap WHAT?... my trees are 100 ft...
That message about sign in is the clue that everyone else has missed.
To overcome the flight limitation you have to be signed into your DJI account in the app.
Try signing out and then sign in again and you should be fine.

That message about sign in is the clue that everyone else has missed.
To overcome the flight limitation you have to be signed into your DJI account in the app.
Try signing out and then sign in again and you should be fine.
Also verify that your DJI account has been verified by logging into DJI from a desktop/laptop.

Is there a beginner mode for a MA2?
Certainly.

This should help you get started with your MA2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

How to you get to 'beginner mode"?
Very confused?? I went into where I have seen the beginner mode in the profile part of the DJI Fly app and it is missing. Maybe Im thinking of another drone?? there are app walkthroughs in the setting part of profile and a flight tutorial at the bottom of the control tab.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

I think you need to re-check all of your settings. Change the height to unlimited or whatever the app allows

You know I have had very similar height and distance issues but only on occasion. Just yesterday I thought to check the firmware on the batteries, and found that one of my three batteries had a different update. I updated it to match the controller and didn't have a distance issue after that. It has been intermittent issue so I can't be sure that I fixed it until after a few more days flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka