DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1049 meters distance for mini 2 and signal breaks up

do you fly with a phone or a tablet?

Personally, I haven't had a problem with the tablet, but I know two different people who have said that they get the limited signal warning when flying with a tablet that hangs over the antenna.

Even so, they were getting farther out than that.

Reactions: gufferr
What sort of area where you flying?

do you fly with a phone or a tablet?

Personally, I haven't had a problem with the tablet, but I know two different people who have said that they get the limited signal warning when flying with a tablet that hangs over the antenna.

Even so, they were getting farther out than that.
im flying with a tablet ,i think im going to go out to a rural area and fly till it gets disconnected and see how far it gets.

Last edited:
I appreciate the feeling of not having enough signal to go farther. But 3000 ft is a pretty good distance and probably twice the distance that you could possibly see your drone, even with strobes during the day.

I appreciate the feeling of not having enough signal to go farther. But 3000 ft is a pretty good distance and probably twice the distance that you could possibly see your drone, even with strobes during the day.
Dji should say 1000 meters then not say 4000 in heavy interference but not problem i have till march 24 th to return it no questions asked :)

Across open country aka farm land, have flown my Mavic Mini approx 2.2 kms or 7,200 feet. No loss of video signal or control. Altitude was approx 100 metres.

Screenshot_6.jpg

It's not unusual to lose signal at that distance depending on the area. When I had my Mini 1 about the most I could go at times was 2500 ft (760M) so I never pushed beyond 3600 ft (1100M), which is about where you're losing signal. One test you might try is to fly from and area where you are elevated and in direct line of sight to get yourself up and over what might be obstacles and see if the problem persists. Did you say what altitude the drone was flying at the time? This makes a huge difference. The lower the altitude the more difficult it is to maintain signal from a controller operated at ground level.

Reactions: AcorreiA
I totally misread your post. I read 1049 ft - rather than 1049 meters. That doesn't seem to bad to me.

It's not unusual to lose signal at that distance depending on the area. When I had my Mini 1 about the most I could go at times was 2500 ft (760M) so I never pushed beyond 3600 ft (1100M), which is about where you're losing signal. One test you might try is to fly from and area where you are elevated and in direct line of sight to get yourself up and over what might be obstacles and see if the problem persists. Did you say what altitude the drone was flying at the time? This makes a huge difference. The lower the altitude the more difficult it is to maintain signal from a controller operated at ground level.
i am going to the country to give it a real test , next good day with no wind , thanks for your input buddy

i am going to the country to give it a real test , next good day with no wind , thanks for your input buddy
Have you put strobes on your Mini? I've found that with my Arc V strobe I can see it during the day a bit past 1600', without the strobe about 400' is about as far as I can track it with my eyes. Also, if it falls out of the sky a strobe will make it easier to find, especially if the battery falls short on a long distance trial.

Have you put strobes on your Mini? I've found that with my Arc V strobe I can see it during the day a bit past 1600', without the strobe about 400' is about as far as I can track it with my eyes. Also, if it falls out of the sky a strobe will make it easier to find, especially if the battery falls short on a long distance trial.
with the performance of the dji mini 2. Im getting now it will run out of signal with 29 mins left on the battery!!

What firmware do you have on the aircraft? An update drastically improved transmission robustness, if you've never updated you might be missing out on it.

What firmware do you have on the aircraft? An update drastically improved transmission robustness, if you've never updated you might be missing out on it.
DJI fly 1.3.0 on android tablet

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada