DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

11/3 Update.

For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Whoa, 7 - 8 weeks!

Hard to believe that BOTH DJI and GoPro screwed up their launches. I consider myself a patient person, but 2 more months is hard to swallow... That being said, DJI will still (eventually) make money off of me.

Mavic Pro Shipping Update, Nov. 3, 2016
News2016-11-03

Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

Reactions: Slat
Hard to believe that BOTH DJI and GoPro screwed up their launches. I consider myself a patient person, but 2 more months is hard to swallow... That being said, DJI will still (eventually) make money off of me.

Did you pre-order before 3rd Nov?

yea I think i may cancel
another potential 2 months is crazy

yea I think i may cancel

many will think the same thing and many potential buyers will simply put off buying.. knowing what i know now i would forget about the mavic until its actually available to buy.. i am guessing this will be a couple of months into 2017..

trog

Yea Im out. I paid $2200 on day one here in Australia and not really willing to wait another 2 months. Im going to be asking Rise Above for my money back and take my Inspire in a holiday to Moreton Island for a couple of weeks over Christmas for that money. Ill save up again next year sometime when they eventually get their **** together.

Reactions: Sparky1963
OK guys I have tried to clean this up . I might have got your because it was just in the middle of it all .
As far as Duplicates I had hoped everyone had seen this NEW ANTI DUPLICATE FEATURE and we wouldn't have anymore .
Now I will try and look again and close the newest and send to first one started .
But please keep this civil .Thank you

Well, we got another 'update' if that is what you want to call it.

Another "we're sorry we have no information so let us give you no further information"

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/Mavic-Pro-Shipping-Update-Nov-3-2016

Well, well, well.. I've had the "pleasure" of living in China for combined close to 9 years. I can confirm that the Chinese love to say "ahhh sorry, sorry... ahhh.. so sorry..so sorry..". The reality is though, that they are NOT sorry about anything, in fact most of time when they say that they are sorry, they are lying you straight to your face. They want your money, the rest is not important. DJI is no different than the culture the company origins from. Marketing the Mavic for shipping mid October was a straight lie and only aimed at damaging GoPro Karma sales. It's so obvious - that it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This was the response I got in reference to my order placed at 18:26:46 on 9/28/2016.

I'm sorry the paid time is at 16-09-28 23:50:23, it's Beijing time not the local time. As for combo, we have just finished shipping orders paid before 2016/9/28 5:00:12. For the orders after that time, we haven't get any shipping date yet and cannot provide to you. You have our sincere apology for this. We would appreciate your patience.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best Regards,
DJI online store

Well, well, well.. I've had the "pleasure" of living in China for combined close to 9 years. I can confirm that the Chinese love to say "ahhh sorry, sorry... ahhh.. so sorry..so sorry..". The reality is though, that they are NOT sorry about anything, in fact most of time when they say that they are sorry, they are lying you straight to your face. They want your money, the rest is not important. DJI is no different than the culture the company origins from. Marketing the Mavic for shipping mid October was a straight lie and only aimed at damaging GoPro Karma sales. It's so obvious - that it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Agreed there are two things at stake here one is that Satan Claws is coming and they wanted to guarantee a big slice of that pie and the other was a clear shot across the bow of the Go Pro karma, dare i say it they achieved both, and sucked us all in to putting our hard earned money down.
There is the problem with being an early adopter of tech.
As for their apologies. Really why would they care. They have hundreds maybe thousands of orders world wide that they have to now fulfil and they can do it at there leisure.
For what it is worth it ain't the first time. I can't wait to see the carnage when they release there FPV googles, that is going to to bloody funny.

Reactions: yeager74
yea I think i may cancel
Is there another avenue for you to get one prior to your delivery? Do you still want one? If the answer to the first question is no there is no other option that would be quicker. And the answer to question is yes, you still want one.. then keep the order. Until you find another method of obtaining one. If the answer to question 2 is , No! You know what to do..

I still want one, but i can spend the $2200 now and resave for next year when they are more readily available. Im happy to wait another couple of weeks, but not 7 or 8

I still want one, but i can spend the $2200 now and resave for next year when they are more readily available. Im happy to wait another couple of weeks, but not 7 or 8
For a small "handling fee" of a mere $1000 on top of the purchase price, several "generous" posters have offered up their own early delivery Mavics to anyone willing to pony up. How impatient are you? :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929