DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$1200 Power Egg drone now $350

LongRifle

Reactions
It definitely won't replace my MP or MPP, but it's pretty attractive at the price. It has some pretty up to date features like 4K camera, 3-axis gimbal and what appears to be something similar to the MPs occusync transmission system with a 3+ mile range. One glaring con is its huge profile. Honestly, it would probably end up more as a novelty piece in my man cave than actually flying, but it's got too much cool factor to resist. What do you guys think?

That was 1200.00 in 2017 then 499.and looks like they trying to dump em.

I remember all the fanfare when it was launched, but have forgotten all about it until I saw that very same video the other day.

Reactions: dirkclod
Must have not sold well to have dropped that much but still cool.

Looks Tippy!

Yeah. Features aren't bad and $350 is amazingly cheap, but I just don't think I could tell people I fly a PowerEgg with a straight face. :)

That's the whole point. You whip out a dinosaur egg in front of your friends, but then you start flying it. They all would be like....WTF! ?

Reactions: FASTFJR

Good video and review, covered a lot.

I googled, Amazon has them for a touch under $500 for same kit, so the B&H offer is good.
I also found you can get extra batteries for $149 (assume US$).

One thing I noticed in Amazon reviews, that nice hard case has no handle !
Strange not to bother putting one on the case for ease of / safe handling.

Still, it seems B&H will ship to Australia too (US$83 4-7 days), tempting for something so unique.
At the moment I don't even have time for fly the Mavic or Spark though, so will have to think that through.
It might just sit doing nothing much (another toy gathering dust) as I usually grab the MP when going out anyway.

Reactions: dirkclod
Captain drone did a good review of it. When you're not flying it you can display it on a table.
It definitely won't replace my MP or MPP, but it's pretty attractive at the price. It has some pretty up to date features like 4K camera, 3-axis gimbal and what appears to be something similar to the MPs occusync transmission system with a 3+ mile range. One glaring con is its huge profile. Honestly, it would probably end up more as a novelty piece in my man cave than actually flying, but it's got too much cool factor to resist. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: LongRifle
I am also interested, like someone said they are trying to dump them. Quite a process to get it up and flying. Waiting to see how low will the price drop.

Reactions: LongRifle
I am also interested, like someone said they are trying to dump them. Quite a process to get it up and flying. Waiting to see how low will the price drop.

I'm gonna hold out until Black Friday. If the price drops more, then great. If not, oh well. Still got my two Mavics to play with.

Reactions: TSUPD
unlikely to go much lower, it is where old 3dr solo was price point wise when then were liquidating that stock.

I can imagine a lot of them are or will be lost due to loss of power and landing...where ever. No auto RTH? Price is great. I’ll stick with my MA.

Although a huge drop in price, I can't see a practical use for it in my arsenal

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98