DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

12th April 2018 - New CrystalSky firmware on the DJI CS website

BCF

Reactions
Might be a bit premature here but there are two firmware releases for the 5.5" and the 7.85" CS on the DJI CrystalSky website dated today. Both are in Zip format and around 860Mb. No release notes though and when I try to do an auto update on my CS it tells me that I have the latest version, v.02.05.00, released at the start of February. Hmmm!

Reactions: Keule
Yep, right - downloading now ...
Let's see what's in there!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-12 um 16.36.14.png

This is the title of the file for the 7.85" CS - ZS600A_v2630_20180412.bin
And almost identical re the 5.5" file -
ZS600B_v2630_20180412.bin
The date entry is at the end and, I presume, the version number of the firmware in the middle, i.e. v02.06.0300 ???

Did you already install it?

No. Just downloaded it onto my Mac desktop. Not sure how to or if I really want to risk it via a bin file download - I've always gone down the auto upload on the CS settings page.

I see. As these files are from DJI's website, i'm going to trust those images.

Not sure how to install them, but i'm trying the 'old school' method via USB.
Put appropriate image in the root directory of an FAT formatted USB stick. (No other files on stick)
Insert stick in USB port on CS - reboot. (Hoping that firmware ist being detected and installed)

Otherwise, i have to lookup any other means to install the .bin files.

Or - finally, DJI comes up with an installation/upgrade guide.

I see. As these files are from DJI's website, i'm going to trust those images.

Not sure how to install them, but i'm trying the 'old school' method via USB.
Put appropriate image in the root directory of an FAT formatted USB stick. (No other files on stick)
Insert stick in USB port on CS - reboot. (Hoping that firmware ist being detected and installed)

Otherwise, i have to lookup any other means to install the .bin files.

Or - finally, DJI comes up with an installation/upgrade guide.
the update is also in the crystal sky update option through settings

I was nearly correct:

Their FAQ answer:

You can upgrade the operating system through an Internet connection or by downloading the upgrade package from the official DJI website, copying it to an SD card, and inserting the SD card into the monitor. The monitor will start upgrading when switched on.
The DJI GO app can also be upgraded using the internet, and you can upgrade DJI GO and the OS at the same time.

Thanks Dimitrious - doing the update as I type. They must have only just enabled it. The update includes:
Inspire 2 added output FPV function in HDMI video output mode;
optimised CS power control logic to improve performance under extreme conditions;
fixed an issue where the RC became disconnected when switching between built-in apps;
updated DJI Go 4 to 4.2.8;
updated DJI Go 3 to 3.1.30

Reactions: philh24
Hello. I have Crystalsky Ultra 7.85 and Mavic Pro Platinum. After latest update for Crystalsky it is useless... Horrible lag in display and full of artifacts! is there any way to downgrade firmware?
i am quite pissed off... too expensive for not working perfectly!

would you recommend updating to newest firmware on CS or leave it with firmware back in February. Last time I used it on February firmware it worked fine. Thinking I should not update firmware after seeing how laggy it is. Thank you

I was experiencing disconnects from the CS and the Remote on the older version.

So, personally I'll stick with the current version. As the disconnects caused me too much stress (pressing RTH with fingers crossed).

The artifact issue with the current version, for me, is not consistent. When it is bad (as in the above video) I land and reboot CS. Doesn't always fix the issue.

I could go back to using my phone with the RC, but I love the size and brightness of the CS.

Cheers

I initially had the pixilation on my first flight but it went away after the first few minutes. Does anyone still get pixelation/dropouts of the video tx?

I had it real bad with the OTA install. I then downloaded it and used the SD card to install. Was better, but still had it in certain maneuvers it seemed.

Still pretty bad. Will start to happen mid flight. Best thing to do is to unplug the CS from the controller and plug it in. Sometimes it helps, other times it does not.

Thought I may have better luck with Litchi, same issue still! I love my iPhone X, but have the CS (which replaced an iPad Mini 4) for it's larger screen and brightness. I find myself having to pop my iPhone in mid flight many times.

Seems to be a problem with Android in general. You would think their engineers could make it work on a product they manufacture... Do they not field test before a firmware release?

Works perfect on iOS every time! It is really embarrassing too... Friends and family love to observe the Mavic Flying, but now when they see the issue on the CS, I feel disappointed (even more so) for the investment I put in to have a premium solution! Talk up how great the CS is, and then this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser