DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

13th Century Medieval Tithe Barn, Oxfordshire, UK.

Flashheart

Reactions
Hi, this is my first short video using the M2. I'm on a steep learning curve with the M2 and Premier Pro and I would like to get some constructive feedback from the community. I found it difficult to control the atitude of the M2 indoors without GPS. My videos will be mainly aimed at showcasing historic places.

Hi, this is my first short video using the M2. I'm on a steep learning curve with the M2 and Premier Pro and I would like to get some constructive feedback from the community. I found it difficult to control the atitude of the M2 indoors without GPS. My videos will be mainly aimed at showcasing historic places.

Nicely done. I love old buildings

Cheers!

Very nicely done and put together. Being a country boy, I have always loved old barns and old house of the past. I can't help but stop and kick around them. I used to take a lot of stills. I now have to take the drone with me on Sunday drives.

Reactions: Flashheart
Great work! Nice overview and information on the building.
Might suggest showing where it is on a map, so those of us not familiar with the area have an idea.
But, nice work, just the right length.

Nice video and lovely place. My suggestions are:

-Try to make the videos shorter if the scenes are repetitive: you have a frontal shot of the building, an orbit, an occipital shot and two interior shots, but the video is almost 2 minutes long, so you have to repeat each scene several times.

-Try to make the drone's orbits smoother and more fluid, with continuous movement. Use stabilisation during editing.

- In the interior scenes, the exterior is completely burnt and there is no possible solution. Personally, I would expose in the opposite way: in the light of the exterior, so the interior would be very dark but I would correct it in editing (in the worst case, creating a mask to separate the exterior from the interior).

I hope my comments do not bother you and are useful to you

Very nicely done and put together. Being a country boy, I have always loved old barns and old house of the past. I can't help but stop and kick around them. I used to take a lot of stills. I now have to take the drone with me on Sunday drives.
I love the countryside. There are many historical building my way that I want to explore and a drone gives a unique POV. Thank you for kind words and taking the time to comment.

Great work! Nice overview and information on the building.
Might suggest showing where it is on a map, so those of us not familiar with the area have an idea.
But, nice work, just the right length.
I will try incorporating some type of map overlay defining the location. I will have to watch some more Premier Pro tutorials. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Nice video and lovely place. My suggestions are:

-Try to make the videos shorter if the scenes are repetitive: you have a frontal shot of the building, an orbit, an occipital shot and two interior shots, but the video is almost 2 minutes long, so you have to repeat each scene several times.

-Try to make the drone's orbits smoother and more fluid, with continuous movement. Use stabilisation during editing.

- In the interior scenes, the exterior is completely burnt and there is no possible solution. Personally, I would expose in the opposite way: in the light of the exterior, so the interior would be very dark but I would correct it in editing (in the worst case, creating a mask to separate the exterior from the interior).

I hope my comments do not bother you and are useful to you
I 100% agree with you. I found it a bit slow tbh, it lacks dynamism. Most of the footage I took was garbage and the footage I was left with, was a bit limited. My orbiting skills are awful, it's a coordination issue that I'm sure will improve with experience. I keep getting confused with slew and horizontal travel. I will try using stabilization in post next time.
I'm a seasoned landscape photographer but not a videographer, my understanding of camera sensors is that the tiny sensor in the M2 seriously lacks dynamic range. If I had averaged the exposure for both interior and exterior in the histogram, would I not have ended up with the worst of both worlds - even when using a mask? Thank you for commenting and taking the time to help. It is much appreciated.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
my understanding of camera sensors is that the tiny sensor in the M2 seriously lacks dynamic range. If I had averaged the exposure for both interior and exterior in the histogram, would I not have ended up with the worst of both worlds - even when using a mask? Thank you for commenting and taking the time to help. It is much appreciated.

Yes, I totally agree with you, it has no dynamic range at all but we have to learn to shoot like that.

Regarding how to expose, if you over expose it's unusable (there isn´t information), if you underexpose, there will be a lot of noise when you raise the level and even artefacts but perhaps you may be able to save it. In this case, perhaps the best thing to do would have been to shoot twice: underexposing and averaging, in order to see which can be saved.

Thank you for commenting and taking the time to help. It is much appreciated.

You are welcome!

Well done, great job. Keep it up

Great video and music choice! Most of your transitions were made with the music but at 30 seconds it seemed a little quick and at 1:09 the dissolve showed some extra movement going on during the transition. Overall fantastic video. Great job!

Hi,
Cheers, nice video (I saw it muted, but still liked the mood).
Also liked the text with information - yet a single advice would be to keep it more simple and easy - the video is great without animated text.
Keep it up! :)

The video is great, and I must agree, just a bit repetitive. I would have personally chose music a tad more exciting though, but that is just a personal choice, it certainly did not take away from your video. Overall, great job IMHO!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000