DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

18650 Lithium Ion Batteries. Which are the best?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
I'm building a Beam Device, using nothing but Magnets/ferrite and these bad-boys in series/parralel ;)

I may be purchasing them in bulk, so wanted to know if there were any member experienced with their usage.
Which are the best all round?
Any Info appreciated

edit: a Beam "device"
edit2 : 'Mwuhahah'

Last edited:
Although I've bought several from China in varied outputs, up to 5000mah, I really can't recommend one mfgr/seller. I bought all mine from tmart.com. About all I can say is don't believe any of the published specs. I use them in pairs on a head lamp setup and I've found little difference between a 2500 mah and a 5000 mah battery, other than price..

I'm building a Beam Device, using nothing but Magnets/ferrite and these bad-boys in series/parralel ;)

I may be purchasing them in bulk, so wanted to know if there were any member experienced with their usage.
Any Info appreciated

Yes, I just made some 3S packs from two brands of 18650’s. What exactly is the application you are looking to use them for? Forgive my ignorance, I have no idea what a beam device is. I can tell you they are worthless for sideboard batteries. In the 3S config that is.

Reactions: Former Member
I was curious just coming from that thread. I was going to ask if the green 3A green packs you had were the smallest/best for the job. I just assumed they were as ive seen them on most including Digdat0's.

I have seen 'heated garmant' lipos that I'm sure were 6 18650's shrink wrapped in 2S or 3S fashion.
Not that a Garment Drains like any RC lipo, especially in that case.

Truth be told , im also looking for a spare set for my Booster

Maxamps makes the best batteries

Thanks Thunder. Will take a look.

These are thebest as far as Capacity & Drain Rating goes
Availabiltiy /price is not a problem

Not sure that a booster is too fussy with these things. Let me know if im wrong.

5000mah! 18650's
I was under the impression 3500 was the Maximum, and to obtain that you had to sacrifice drain rate to 10A or lower?

But i see that they exist.

Aress PM'ed

edit: True capacity 1069mah LOl, Cheers Texas.

Last edited:
Edit: Sorry for youtube posts, But this one is Gold. 3:52 money shot

Last edited:

Any Info appreciated

I've been using the Nitecore brand 18650 cells in my many flashlights of that brand and have had good luck with them, and their chargers. Andrew & Amanda (Andrew & Amanda) has good prices on them.

Never buy Chinese re-wraps with outrageous claims..
You may find secondlifestorage.com useful for battery info.

LG-Chem, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic Are the big brands.. With a few other smaller Chinese manufacturers.

I have used 'mAh battery . com' in the past, they seem to sell genuine cells.

Is your application high or low draw? If low draw I would not sacrifice capacity for the high Amp rated cells.

I imagine the Nitecore are among the best in regards to Protection Circuits/Overheating etc.

Undoubtedly the best 18650 for their range of Flashlights. They are little bit expensive to buy in bulk though

You will want to match your protection board to the configuration and wattage requirements.

What is the target nominal voltage and amp draw? There are loads of protection boards on Ebay/AliEx. The TP4056 micro-USB charging/protection board is phenomenal value if you can make it work with the project.

Never buy Chinese re-wraps with outrageous claims..
You may find secondlifestorage.com useful for battery info.

LG-Chem, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic Are the big brands.. With a few other smaller Chinese manufacturers.

I have used 'mAh battery . com' in the past, they seem to sell genuine cells.

Is your application high or low draw? If low draw I would not sacrifice capacity for the high Amp rated cells.

Iv'e decided on the Lg HG2 for the battery project.
Thanks all for your help

Two of these will probably work fine for my Antenna Booster too.
I honestly dont know if it's a high or low drain device (it came with Cheapo 2600mah) so it could be somewhere
in between.
Anywone use them with their booster?

If you need to make a large pack for like a ebike or scooter, batteryhookup.com has very good deals on lightly used 18650's in a box of #100. Last I looked, they have Panasonic NCR, Samsung 22R, and LG lgdas31865 at costs of under $1.50 per. Check them out!

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Can tell you now they are for Building a ideally smaller or different form factor 2S heated garment battery.

One failed and i pulled it apart to see it was just shrink wrapped 18650's.

It's mostly for yuks. So nope dont need 50-100 for a ebike battery, but thanks

These used to be at the top of all 18650 protected battery reviews:

I bought them several times on Amazon and they've been absolutely great. However, Amazon doesn't seem to have them at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa