DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st flight debrief

Ars3nal3432

Reactions
I was finally able to get out of the house today and fly my MA2 for the first time, in fact, fly a drone for the first time period. It was a blast. I made some rookie mistakes, forgot to check and set my home point and the best of all, I was reading my distance as the height. So when I reached 400ft, I was like " no way that's 400 feet up.... maybe its because I'm on a hill" Anyways I'm looking forward to more! Can anyone recommend a backpack for the MA2, I do a lot of hiking and I don't want a case.

Tracksmall.jpg

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I made some rookie mistakes, forgot to check and set my home point
There is no need to set the home point.
The drone will do that automatically when it gets GPS.
All you have to do is wait until the drone records its home point.

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
I was finally able to get out of the house today and fly my MA2 for the first time, in fact, fly a drone for the first time period. It was a blast. I made some rookie mistakes, forgot to check and set my home point and the best of all, I was reading my distance as the height. So when I reached 400ft, I was like " no way that's 400 feet up.... maybe its because I'm on a hill" Anyways I'm looking forward to more! Can anyone recommend a backpack for the MA2, I do a lot of hiking and I don't want a case.

View attachment 103292
I bought a case for travel/packing all the goods in an organized style. But I just have a normal backpack and then use the DJI OEM satchel to hike. Fits nicely in the bottom of the backpack with room to spare up top for the other hiking gear. North Face Recon. Works well. There’s lots of camera backpacks that will work, just search the forum you’ll find ‘em.

I bought a case for travel/packing all the goods in an organized style. But I just have a normal backpack and then use the DJI OEM satchel to hike. Fits nicely in the bottom of the backpack with room to spare up top for the other hiking gear. North Face Recon. Works well. There’s lots of camera backpacks that will work, just search the forum you’ll find ‘em.

Do you take off the props when storing it in the bag? I'm afraid that they will break or bend them.

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
Do you take off the props when storing it in the bag? I'm afraid that they will break or bend them.
Nope just fold them up and put it in carefully. I do have a prop strap but haven’t been using it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+