DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st time out with the mavic and it dropped out of the sky twice.

kylerf150

Reactions
So I have just purchased a mavic. I took it out yesterday and was flying around all happy and impressed for 7 mins 3103ft until!!
I was flying backwards looking at myself and it just dropped out of the sky from about 70 ft. It seemed to not fall at full speed like the motors were still running. I went and recovered it and everything looked fine. So I took it up again and I took it about 125 ft away.I stopped and went to bring it back down and as i pressed down it straight up just fell again from 45 ft. This time it broke 3 propellers, so i took the enclosed cages off and changed the propellers changed the battery as well since it was at 43%. The propellers were stuck in the cages so i was thinking maybe just maybe they are getting stuck while flying.

I had 11 flights after that with no problems without the cages on and the other two batteries. I went to dji chat and was seeking answers as to why it fell or if they could look at my flight logs where it crashed. Those incompetent asshats just want me to return it to amazon and pass the buck on to the next guy like "It's not our fault"!!!!

So here is the ? for a new guy?
I looked at my flight in the go app and see that i did not do a csc by watching the remote commands in the log. the first time it crashed it says braking now return sticks to midpoint first and falls but the last recorded height is 26ft and 218 ft away. Second crash no warning and just falls from 45' and a last recorded height of -8 ft and 92 ft away.

Can i upload a log for someone to view,if so how? I have searched and cant seem to get a straight easy explanation on how to?

Thanks guys and gals.

kyler

Those incompetent asshats just want me to return it to amazon and pass the buck on to the next guy like "It's not our fault"!!!!
Somebody here can tell you how to post your flight logs for evaluation. But it turns out there's a problem with your Mavic, returning it Amazon as defective for a replacement is the way to go if you're still in the return period.

It will be returned to DJI for refurbishment, not just sold to "the next guy."

It sounds like you solved your problem which was the cages. Can you post a link for the cages or give some pics?

I believe the cages require different props (slightly smaller) which u need to order separately so if u were using the standard mavic they may have fouled the cages

If you are still in the 30 day window for Amazon return, send it back and get another one.

@kylerf150, I have a few questions for you:

1) Were you flying with DJI 7728 quick-release props while using the cage?
2) Did you have the "Propeller Cage" setting enabled in DJI GO while using the cage?
3) How fast were you flying while using the cage?
4) Did you install the cages properly (with the securing lock between the cages) like this?

Oem cages like the one pictures up above ^^^^^. I did have them selected in the app and I also had the propellers installed they came with the cages and they also dont have the white stripes towards the tips like the normal ones. I did have the locks in place between the two front and rear cages as well.
Both crashes are around 11mph and i was stopping it.

Been trying to upload the dat files for the last 4 hours now i can only get them by going to assistant 2 and selecting data mode which is right above flight data i found both crashes but dont really see much on csv view it only shows motor speed,left front motor data,mag interference,gps data.

upload file is to large to post here> what to do now how do i get it to you guys?

137300213e84752b8d33930b31b36176.jpg

Screen shot of the warnings during the crashes.

Oem cages like the one pictures up above ^^^^^. I did have them selected in the app and I also had the propellers installed they came with the cages and they also dont have the white stripes towards the tips like the normal ones. I did have the locks in place between the two front and rear cages as well.
Both crashes are around 11mph and i was stopping it.

Been trying to upload the dat files for the last 4 hours now i can only get them by going to assistant 2 and selecting data mode which is right above flight data i found both crashes but dont really see much on csv view it only shows motor speed,left front motor data,mag interference,gps data.

upload file is to large to post here> what to do now how do i get it to you guys?
Use a Dropbox and link is to the file.

I am going to take a look at them soon, I an in transition between leaving work and going home. I will also alert Budwalker and cyberpower.

Rob

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929